Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information regarding theft - Golden Island Shopping Centre

Options
  • 24-07-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Last night (23/07/2015) my van was broken into across from Golden Island shopping centre in Athlone, sometime between 9.30pm and 12.30am.

The back window was smashed in and a saddle of considerable sentimental value was taken.

Other lighter and more expensive items within easy reach were left so this was an opportunistic crime by someone who will probably flog it for €50 euro to the first taker.

The van is parked within sight of a Garda CCTV camera also. I have not received the details of the footage as yet.

If anyone was in the area and has any information, could you please send me a PM. There is a car that was driving up and down there all evening, with a distinctive dump valve exhaust, who may have seen people in the area.

€200 reward for return of the saddle, no questions asked.

The horse it belongs to is 20 years old and has worn it all her life, to replace it / buy one new off the shelf would be like trying to put a round peg in a square hole as far as the shape of her back at her advanced age is concerned.

The saddle has a resale of €250-€400 secondhand and is a very small seat size, not suitable for most adults.

Its a 16'5 Berney Brothers black saddle.

Comments

Advertisement