Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for Linking 4 x .ie websites with do follow links

Options
  • 24-07-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im just looking for a bit of advice on linking 4 x magento websites here in Ireland with do follow links for google SEO.

The 4 websites are separate businesses in the same building with different product categories -

consumer electronics, electrical wholesale, kitchen doors, household cleaning equipment

Ive done a lot of research, and told that i need to include good anchor text with relevant keywords in the url link.

But I’m just wondering the best place to put the links i.e blog post / similar product listing / homepage etc

And is it a good idea to link websites with completely different content, like the electrical wholesale website with the cleaning equipment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Are the links relevant and organic or is this just a link building exercise? If it's the latter you risk a penalty for poor quality link farming which is a bad idea.

If the companies are part of the same group you could refer to that in About pages only but that's the most that would be recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbie.dub

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The businesses are separate, but operate from the same building.

The only reason I’m looking into this is that i was told that linking high authority websites increases traffic from google.

If the content has to be similar, the only two we could possibly link is the electrical wholesale and consumer electronics store i would think.

But not sure the best way to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Only do it if it is of real benefit to your users. Otherwise it will appear as an inorganic and irrelevant link building exercise which risks a penalty which could be significant and hard to undo the damage. No matter the authority of one site, linking to another with poor relevance is generally a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbie.dub

ok, thats good to know, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭adamrooney

robbie.dub wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

The businesses are separate, but operate from the same building.

The only reason I’m looking into this is that i was told that linking high authority websites increases traffic from google.

If the content has to be similar, the only two we could possibly link is the electrical wholesale and consumer electronics store i would think.

But not sure the best way to do it

Only link if the content is similar as it therefore ads value to users, thus, the search engines may reward you. Getting incoming links from high authority websites is a good thing, but only if the links are relevant. If not, you risk a penalty from the search engines. Just think value for your readers/customers when building out content on your site. Earn links rather than building links.

• Advertisement
Advertisement