Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help finding small wedding venue please!!

Options
  • 24-07-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All…

I am looking for any recommendations for small wedding (approx 50 people) venues in Ireland. Ideally we would like a house that can accommodate as many guests as possible, great food and the bar in the same area as the reception…. BYO without corkage would be great too as I would like it to be like a house party but fancier!

I’m from Dublin but willing to travel a max of 2 hrs.

So far I have been to Marlfield house, which is up there but didn’t love it, Village at Lyons who made me feel like they didn’t want us to get married there and Borris house which was nice but a bit too pricey for us. Tankardstown is lovely too but still feels more wedding than house party!

I am getting quite stressed and overwhelmed with it all as I am living in Australia but home for another week and would like to find a place before I leave..

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Roundwood house, co laois could be for you. Lisnavagh probably suit too but up there with Borris pricewise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

We had our wedding in Kilashee house just outside Naas. We had 50 at the wedding and more invited down to the afters. House could hold few more than 50 but there was plenty of room without it looking empty. It is part of the hotel but it's a separate venue and your guests can use the hotel for accommodation. Think the house has around 13 bedrooms. Not sure if it's what you are looking for but it's a great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

Hi dub 1612
    Theres a venue in county Louth, its about 15 minutes off the M1 so about an hour from Dublin. Its on a lovely old estate and perfect for a small wedding, you can organise your own caterer who will supply the food and wine, they had a pig on a spit at a wedding there last week and it was fantastic, there was a bbq later in the night . They have renovated an old shed into a lovely bar and have a long barn where the ceremony and later the dancing takes place... You have the option of bringing your own wine, which saves a lot of money. I'd highly recommend going for a look at the place, the owners are fantastic and will go out of their way to make it as stress free and enjoyable day as possible. They have a renovated barn they rent out as holiday accomodation so have a look at it and it'll give you an idea of the place..www.ashtreebarn.com. Their contact details are there as well, good luck I hope you find the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

I liked the idea of this place, but you need to organise catering yourself I think.

http://www.huntingtoncastle.com/#!weddings/cn9p

Advertisement