Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is my Visa card changing to MasterCard?

Options
  • 24-07-2015 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I recently received notification by post from BoI that "following a wide ranging review" Visa credit cards are no longer being issued, and that my existing Visa card was getting changed to a MasterCard.

I would like to know the details behind the decision to drop Visa and change existing Visa customers to MasterCard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi All,

I recently received notification by post from BoI that "following a wide ranging review" Visa credit cards are no longer being issued, and that my existing Visa card was getting changed to a MasterCard.

I would like to know the details behind the decision to drop Visa and change existing Visa customers to MasterCard.
    Hi moc moc a moc,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

This change to Mastercard enhances the features and benefits available to our Credit Card customers. This includes the ability to use Contactless with your Mastercard and greater online security using Mastercard Securecode when making a purchase online. Another great benefit will be the chance for low cost installments for purchases over €500 with a low rate through our 12 month credit card installment plan. 

If you would like further information on this, you can contact our Credit Card team by choosing the Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option when logged into 365 Online, or by calling our Credit Card team on 0818 251 251.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Does this affect Visa Business as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Yakuza wrote: »
    Does this affect Visa Business as well?
    Hi Yakuza,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Visa Business Cards will also be migrating to MasterCard. The migration for our business customers will commence in January 2016.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement