Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with wrong address and spam mail.

Options
  • 24-07-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

What's the best way to deal with wrong address and spam mail/post?

Which of these is the best for wrong address mail? Should I write on the front and back of the envelope? Any better options?
    • "not at this address"
    • "not to be found at this address"
    • "Return to Sender"
    • "undelivered"
    • "unknown at this address"

Which of these is best when dealing with spam mail? Should I write on the front and back of spam mail and cross out my own name and address? Any better options?
    • "Moved - Return to Sender"
    • "no longer at this address"
    • "Return to Sender"
    • "undelivered"

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If it's wrong address why are you getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Worztron

blade1 wrote: »
    If it's wrong address why are you getting it?

On very rare occasions our house might receive a letter that has a similar address or just through sloppiness.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

If it's spam with your name on it you probably agreed to receive it by clicking on something maybe without realising it.

Maybe put refused on it but you might have to get on to the company that's sending it.

Also if your name and address is correct on it but you put something like gone away on it, you might only confuse your postman and he might start sending back your real post as you lead him to believe you were gone away.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I always wrote 'unsolicited' on spam post and threw it back in the mail (with my address crossed out). It stopped after a little while. Doesnt happen much since I moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Worztron

blade1 wrote: »
    ... Also if your name and address is correct on it but you put something like gone away on it, you might only confuse your postman and he might start sending back your real post as you lead him to believe you were gone away.

Damn good point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

I get bought my house in last may. I get post for the people that previously rented it. For the first 2 or 3 months I returned to sender and even wrote that they dont live here anymore. Now everything goes straight into the recycling bin

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    I get bought my house in last may. I get post for the people that previously rented it. For the first 2 or 3 months I returned to sender and even wrote that they dont live here anymore. Now everything goes straight into the recycling bin

Yeah, the postman is supposed to deliver as addressed.

It's really up to the people that move to update their address with their contacts or pay the Post Office to redirect their mail.

Advertisement