Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handling Fees for Currency Exchange

Options
  • 24-07-2015 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I'm looking to change £1900 to the equivalent in euro. I've looked on the BOI site for any indication of handling fees but couldn't find anything, so I'm just wondering - before going in, what will I be charged in fees for this?

Thanks,
    Sub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon 5ub, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

Please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to calculate exchange rates and any commission to be charged. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 19 navyddr713

Sub, you will be charged something, you don't think the Bank of Ireland will work for free do you... You'll have to take into account the days exchange rate and the banks fee....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭5ub

Good Afternoon 5ub, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

Please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to calculate exchange rates and any commission to be charged. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine for the quick reply. I'll do that first thing tomorrow
    navyddr713 wrote: »
    Sub, you will be charged something, you don't think the Bank of Ireland will work for free do you... You'll have to take into account the days exchange rate and the banks fee....
    Obviously. I never asked if I was going to be charged, I asked how much was I going to be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I've always wanted to know why there's a charge on top of the very healthy margin on the spot exchange rate.

OP, I've been typically charged 1% (subject to a minimum) on such transactions.

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/international-transaction-charges-23-feb-15.pdf

Advertisement