Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland Fixtures Week 21

• 24-07-2015 5:13pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Late 'n' lazy fixtures thread

7e169f4bf5e0c8ebb2b8a7b31461fa6a.png

Bohs missing most of our defence, but Derry can't score anyway.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

UCD are letting anyone with a ticket from Thursday's Slovan game in for free on Sunday evening. Hoping we can hang on to a couple of the newcomers from the last 2 home games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can't see anything but a Bohs victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

UCD are letting anyone with a ticket from Thursday's Slovan game in for free on Sunday evening. Hoping we can hang on to a couple of the newcomers from the last 2 home games.

Saw that. Good move. People love free stuff! It'd hook me anyways if I was nearby, though I'm an easy hook for that kind of thing. Be interesting to see the attendance now.

Pretty positive of a Galway win tonight. 3-0 I'll say. Not basing that on anything, just got that feeling deep in my belly. Treat me for my b-day.

I'll watch Sligo on Setanta since I have the evening off but in all seriousness...they were woeful in their last game, not able to take a chance if it killed them - and against 10 men too! Maybe tonight they'll do a bit better, even if them getting a result would kill my five team accumulator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Good stuff. I think might i head out to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bohs 3-0 up here.

Laying a whupping on Derry.

Izzy for the 3rd was immense.

Edit: 4-0 now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Athlone who have been poison lately are 2 up against in form Wexford. Hopefully Shels can capitalise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dan1895 wrote: »
    Athlone who have been poison lately are 2 up against in form Wexford. Hopefully Shels can capitalise.

Waterford score against Shels and Athlone have a man sent off as I type. I'll just shut up now.

Bloody hell, Sligo's defending is awful. They keep giving the ball away.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

monkey9 wrote: »
    Bloody hell, Sligo's defending is awful. They keep giving the ball away.

They also keep letting pats get a run. Forrester has just walzed past more than one defender. Amazed it's scoreless

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can't see anything but a Bohs victory.

Same.

• Advertisement

Jamie McGrath is such a talent. Brilliant goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jamie McGrath is such a talent. Brilliant goal.
    Will most likely be in England soon enough I would think. Very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

In the middle of a relegation battle and our top scorer takes the day off to go to a wedding. Just f*ck off, Dinny. What a waster.

Unless he was the one getting married and the f*cking pope was officiating, he has no excuse for that. I can't believe the club allowed it.

Finding it very hard to go these days. This isn't my first relegation battle, but this squad and management (not Ndo, above him) are making it very hard for me to get behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Some difference from Dean Kelly who missed his sisters wedding to sit on the bench against Rovers before coming on to win the game for Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We are an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Oat23 wrote: »
    In the middle of a relegation battle and our top scorer takes the day off to go to a wedding. Just f*ck off, Dinny. What a waster.

Unless he was the one getting married and the f*cking pope was officiating, he has no excuse for that. I can't believe the club allowed it.

Finding it very hard to go these days. This isn't my first relegation battle, but this squad and management (not Ndo, above him) are making it very hard for me to get behind them.

What garbage are you talking sir, your comments are most offensive and I ask that they be withdrawn at once

WITHDRAW

WITHDRAW

dinny is a hero, a hero to sligos working class, what he sacrificed for the club is unmountable , if he wants to go off wedding crashing the night of a game so be it and I say more power to the bhoy.... He can do what he likes he's the daddy of the garvogue

It's no secret it's no secret I've said it before Dinny Corcoran has to be best player in world at moment heads and shoulders above the rest, he can do what he likes he's Fit as a fiddle since moving to the west I have it on good authority that he only eats raw mackerel caught from the garavogue river in Sligo with the occasional handful of macadamia nut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I don't even.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Will most likely be in England soon enough I would think. Very good player.

Oh no doubt if he keeps progressing the way he is. He was part of our very good U-19 side last year that won the league so there's a good few young players coming up alongside the likes of Sean Hoare and Lee Desmond at the back already in the first team. (Hoare will play for Ireland one day).

I just hope we get two or three years out of McGrath before he moves. It would be good for young players to play a few seasons in the LOI before moving across the water.

You's are in some disarray alright. I can't believe how bad you's are at the back. That's something Sligo need to sort out before anything else.

I do hope you's pull it around. A club like Sligo should be up towards the top of the table.

I don't even.

I mean, what did i just read there!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

If thats true about Dinny Corcaran then he shouldn't be paid his wages for the week and he should also be fined by Sligo and maybe even sacked.it's sh1t stories like this that drag the league down to laughing stock level!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Who did worse...Derry 4-0 down inside 20 minutes or Sligo 0-3 at home...

Bray clinch another huge win..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was an odd game in Dalymount, we probably only had 4 chances all game and put them all away. Derry created a fair few decent opportunities and with decent finishing could have gotten back into things.

Another injury for us tonight, we're fúcked if we have to go to Cork with Jayo leading the line.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Was an odd game in Dalymount, we probably only had 4 chances all game and put them all away. Derry created a fair few decent opportunities and with decent finishing could have gotten back into things.

Another injury for us tonight, we're fúcked if we have to go to Cork with Jayo leading the line.

They hit the woodwork 3 times and scored twice. Scoreline flattered us a bit, everything we hit went in in the first 20 mins. A weird game alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Dinny Corcoran won't and shouldn't be punished he is a gem a dieing breed like a rare pollenesian wasp

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    Dinny Corcoran won't and shouldn't be punished he is a gem a dieing breed like a rare pollenesian wasp

Your spelling won't be accepted around these parts, never mind the content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Omackeral wrote: »
    They hit the woodwork 3 times and scored twice. Scoreline flattered us a bit, everything we hit went in in the first 20 mins. A weird game alright.

Tbh it would not have been hard to argue Derry getting a draw, we were awful in the 2nd half.

Thought I was seeing things when wearen came on. Should really try keep more up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    What garbage are you talking sir, your comments are most offensive and I ask that they be withdrawn at once

WITHDRAW

WITHDRAW

dinny is a hero, a hero to sligos working class, what he sacrificed for the club is unmountable , if he wants to go off wedding crashing the night of a game so be it and I say more power to the bhoy.... He can do what he likes he's the daddy of the garvogue

It's no secret it's no secret I've said it before Dinny Corcoran has to be best player in world at moment heads and shoulders above the rest, he can do what he likes he's Fit as a fiddle since moving to the west I have it on good authority that he only eats raw mackerel caught from the garavogue river in Sligo with the occasional handful of macadamia nut

Conclusive proof of what a relegation season can do to a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

ah now if i read correctly somewhere else it was a family wedding!
    one of our players is getting married this weekend and has 2 players as groomsmen... still more pissed about the 2 penos he gave away v shels than leaving us down 3 this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

If thats true about Dinny Corcaran then he shouldn't be paid his wages for the week and he should also be fined by Sligo and maybe even sacked.it's sh1t stories like this that drag the league down to laughing stock level!!

Fine and sack an employee for taking annual leave as sanctioned by the employer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Sligo would be worse off without Corcoran. Calling him to be sacked due to having a life outside the club is OTT.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Derry gave away some awful goals, particularly the 2nd one which was pretty much scored straight after we kicked off. As others have said, we hit the woodwork 3 times and created a fair few chances, probably could have scraped a draw in the 2nd half. In saying that, Bohs turned off after the 4th goal so they could have probably come back into it if they needed to.

Disappointed we were stuck in the stand behind the net despite other Derry fans being allowed in the main stand as well. Always enjoy going to Dalymount and having the craic in the social before the match (plus it puts a few more quid in your tills). The stewards also didn't allow us to go over and get food from the chippy van at half time, which puts Bohs in breach of their license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sligo would be worse off without Corcoran. Calling him to be sacked due to having a life outside the club is OTT.

While I don't agree with the calls of the two people on here to sack him, we are talking about a full time professional footballer missing a game to go to a wedding.

This isn't Sunday league football. 'Having a life outside the club' isn't an excuse for him missing a game. He should have been there.

I would happily ship him (and Nielsen) out if it meant we had the funds to bring in someone like Elding, who would actually want to be here and want to play. Not f*ck off to a mate's wedding on the day of a game while his team are left with two U19s starting up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

While I don't agree with the calls of the two people on here to sack him, we are talking about a full time professional footballer missing a game to go to a wedding.

This isn't Sunday league football. 'Having a life outside the club' isn't an excuse for him missing a game. He should have been there.

I would happily ship him (and Nielsen) out if it meant we had the funds to bring in someone like Elding, who would actually want to be here and want to play. Not f*ck off to a mate's wedding on the day of a game while his team are left with two U19s starting up front.
    You'd want to be sure of gettin in the replacement. Corcorans attitude could certainly be questioned/criticised but I dont think Sligo are in the position to do without his ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Elding would sign for us tomorrow and he's better than Corcoran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shouldnt have taken us an hour to score our 1st goal, few sligo people saying Peers is off to us. Dont think we need him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Top half of the table, albeit temporary place. Can only laugh, a 4th win in a row, another cleansheet...dream stuff when you ignore the off-field stuff!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shouldnt have taken us an hour to score our 1st goal, few sligo people saying Peers is off to us. Dont think we need him tbh.

Makes sense after getting Oman and McGuinness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Makes sense after getting Oman and McGuinness.

Browne going but in fairness every window he is going, Cork this time. If he does I could see Peers coming in. Desmond and Hoare unlikely to be longterm pats players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Good win for us last night. Took a while to score but when we did it was very comfortable from there on. McGrath is very talented and took his goal really well. O'Brien was back to his high standards and Forrester was super in the 2nd half. Ian Morris looks useful enough.

Sligo are in big trouble. What was Cretaro doing playing as part of what looked like a back three? The amount of young players they had was very high and there was nothing on the bench. Someone was telling me at the match about Peers being linked to us and Corcoran to Longford. Could be a very long run in for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shamrock Rovers 4-1 Limerick.
    Limerick are still looking for their first win of the season. That's got to be one of the worst performances ever over a year? Awful carry on. Not looking good for them.

Dundalk 1-1 Cork City 70' mins played
    Towell with a peno and Mark O Sullivan to even it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Happy with that draw. We got nothing from Dundalk last year and had we drawn with them just once we were champions. So this is progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Will take that, especially away from Pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Fine and sack an employee for taking annual leave as sanctioned by the employer?

It's the club that sacked their manager more times than Bohs sold Dalymount, so why not? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Good to see Finn Harps' policy of diving, mouthing off and generally kicking everything that moves is still in operation. 7 bookings for them throughout the game (including one second yellow) and they were very lucky not to have at least one more red card.
    Delighted with the win. Bit sluggish for long periods but that was to be expected given that it's the first league game in a month. We really should be looking to put a good few past Cabinteely next Friday.

Good to see Finn Harps' policy of diving, mouthing off and generally kicking everything that moves is still in operation. 7 bookings for them throughout the game (including one second yellow) and they were very lucky not to have at least one more red card.
    Delighted with the win. Bit sluggish for long periods but that was to be expected given that it's the first league game in a month. We really should be looking to put a good few past Cabinteely next Friday.

Yep, they're a very physical side (and with little else going for them) to be polite about it.

Being really found out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

gimmick wrote: »
    Happy with that draw. We got nothing from Dundalk last year and had we drawn with them just once we were champions. So this is progress.
    Will take that, especially away from Pitch.

I think both teams would have taken it.

Cork were fantastic in the first half and had us pinned back and well worth a draw if not more at halftime. I have no idea why, but Cork dropped the intensity bigtime in the second half and let Dundalk get back into the match. I honestly thought that Cork were going to beat us as we looked jaded and they were knocking the ball about like I've never seen from this Cork side. They dropped back and Dundalk had a lot more of the ball and looked a far better side and finished the game very strong. Overall a draw was a very fair result.

Really let off the hook by Cork though and they won't have a better opportunity to beat us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Jeez, seven yellows and a red

Will Finn Harps get a fine from the league over this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Jeez, seven yellows and a red

Will Finn Harps get a fine from the league over this?
    teams get a fine for every card issued, im sure there is an added bonus for that though. i dread to think how much we have paid out over the last 2 years. Discipline is shocking. Few suspensions on the way now too.

with little else we have going for us it says a lot about the division that we are still top. Id put my money on UCD long run though.

overshoot wrote: »
    teams get a fine for every card issued, im sure there is an added bonus for that though. i dread to think how much we have paid out over the last 2 years. Discipline is shocking. Few suspensions on the way now too.

with little else we have going for us it says a lot about the division that we are still top. Id put my money on UCD long run though.

If they bring in a couple of players after that European run, they should win it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement