Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on with ... practicality !?

Options
  • 24-07-2015 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I understood that here, the "willing to" and "more" senior people will "love" sharing their lovely stories, equipment, views, observation, dark sites and so on...

After few months waiting here, i found that is a "copy & paste" and random discussions about events that have more or less importance to us, the practical astronomers.

Is there another place locally, in Ireland (apart of SGL and CN) where we can virtually meet and discuss and exchange our practical observing/visual/photo experience !?

Thanks and please, I'm not attempting to offend anyone...just upset on not seeing the behind clouds 'sky for the past 2 weeks.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

We can do it all here!

Or maybe i'm not understanding your question?
    My thoughts on the Boards astronomy forum is that it can be everything to everyone. If they want a certain topic covered then they start a thread. It may become stickied if it becomes a go-to thread for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

What are you looking for exactly?
    I have previously mentioned the IFAS forum to you in an earlier post.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95185878&postcount=4

I presume that you are aware of the Skellig Star Party taking place next month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    What are you looking for exactly?
    I have previously mentioned the IFAS forum to you in an earlier post.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95185878&postcount=4

I presume that you are aware of the Skellig Star Party taking place next month?

Pat,thanks for reply.
    I somehow...missed your previous post. Sorry...

I've checked the other forum and looks very good .
    Now I'm "crying" out loud that they met last Friday at the back of Sugarloaf ! :(

Re SSP, yes, i have "reserved" a place for my tent in a local camping site.
    Are you going ?

I'll PM my contact and if you live in the area, that will be great if we can met and have a chat along a nice cup of coffee...

Many thanks.

Advertisement