Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by Moderator who has personal grudge against me.

Options
  • 24-07-2015 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Recently in After Hours I had an interaction with the moderator Tombi! which went like this:
    Tombi! wrote: »
    And no, this isn't up for discussion.

Yes it is. Everything should be up for discussion.

I have to say that the moderator team on this website are by far the worst I have ever come across. You seem to think you have the right to control the debate? You do not.

Now do your job (which is to prevent rule breaking) and leave those of us who stick to the rules alone.

After receiving an infraction, the moderator then decided to ban me from the forum. The mods all seemed to stick by him and the ban was maintained. So I was essentially banned because he didn't like the way I spoke to him? Ridiculous.

Fast forward to today when I posted an interesting video in After Hours.

I was banned by Tombi! yet again and received this message:

AH isn't a news dump

This is clearly the result of a personal vendetta. Do I really deserve to get banned? It's not a "news dump", it's a new video from VICE about Ireland that plenty of folk would be interested in.

I would appreciate a response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As per the first step of the process outlined at the top of this page, you need to attempt to resolve this directly with the moderator first.

If you cannot resolve this matter in a civil manner with Tombi! via PM, then come back here & a CMod will review your appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

As per the first step of the process outlined at the top of this page, you need to attempt to resolve this directly with the moderator first.

If you cannot resolve this matter in a civil manner with Tombi! via PM, then come back here & a CMod will review your appeal.

I have tried to before. He is a corrupt moderator who is not responsive to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Try again & this time be civil.

Don't make threats & leave out the whole power-abusing, fascist, corrupt moderator malarkey. Sporting an attitude like that before your appeal is even considered will do you no favours.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

Try again & this time be civil.

Don't make threats & leave out the whole power-abusing, fascist, corrupt moderator malarkey. Sporting an attitude like that before your appeal is even considered will do you no favours.

tHB

I'm still banned pal.

And that wasn't a pm. That was a series of forum posts.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

He is a corrupt moderator...

Enough. Your appeal is denied, because you are apparently incapable of basic civility.

If you had demonstrated even rudimentary manners, I may in due course have assessed your appeal on its merits; I may or may not have decided differently. But if you're not prepared to display basic manners and etiquette when conversing with others, then I'm not prepared to entertain your rudeness.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement