Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth fishery

Options
  • 24-07-2015 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey, does anyone know how much a years membership is, or six months would be better? And can you fish during the winter? A few pike over Christmas would be lovely.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hey, does anyone know how much a years membership is, or six months would be better? And can you fish during the winter? A few pike over Christmas would be lovely.
    Cheers

There's no pike in maynooth fishery mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 finchdafungus

Aw serious, Saw online someone went fishing hoping to get them, that's a dampener

Aw serious, Saw online someone went fishing hoping to get them, that's a dampener

Only pike fishery I know of is in castle Leslie in Monaghan and it ain't cheap either.
    Fishing is free if you spend the night at like 180 quid a night or 80 quid for just the fishing and electric engine only aswell
    But the pike are supposed to be monsters

Sound man cheers, you dunno how much Maynooth is, no?

Sound man cheers, you dunno how much Maynooth is, no?

Havint a clue mate. I was banned from fishing there for using an egg fly that I purchased in their shop. Ridiculous I know but was probably more to do with me giving the attitude back aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

i think its a tenner for the day

**** man. Alright sound cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JimLahey

10 euro for the day, I've fished the coarse lake a few times in the last two months. Some really nice tench and carp in it.

As well as the coarse lake there is a specimen carp lake but I think you need to fish the coarse lake a few times before you can give the carp lake a go.

Definitely no pike.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Havint a clue mate. I was banned from fishing there for using an egg fly that I purchased in their shop. Ridiculous I know but was probably more to do with me giving the attitude back aswell

They sold you it then barred you for using it? What kinda anus wipes are they?!
    That's just typical Irish.

idnkph wrote: »

Actually this person was English

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Actually this person was English

Explains it even better so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

idnkph wrote: »

Those lakes have been taken over a few times in the last 10 years, the fly lake has been gone for a long time now, so id say those owners are no longer there.

I fished the coarse lake (which used to be the fly lake, the one with the island) when it was called Lyreen fisheries. Its now been taken over again, its called Meadow Lodge Fisheries. Its not your regular "commercial" fishery, the water is a lot clearer and the stocking density isnt as high which makes it harder. Some lovely fish in there though.

Some proper lumps in the big carp lake. Very hard fishing, but they are the biggest carp in the country. They are french fish, and were above the specimen weight when they were imported, so they can never be the Irish record, but given time, id say their offspring will eventually take the record.
    Only pike fishery I know of is in castle Leslie in Monaghan and it ain't cheap either.
    Fishing is free if you spend the night at like 180 quid a night or 80 quid for just the fishing and electric engine only aswell
    But the pike are supposed to be monsters

id love to fish it, but its just too much money considering the amount of amazing free pike water we have here!

Those lakes have been taken over a few times in the last 10 years, the fly lake has been gone for a long time now, so id say those owners are no longer there.

I fished the coarse lake (which used to be the fly lake, the one with the island)

id love to fish it, but its just too much money considering the amount of amazing free pike water we have here!

It's been well over 12 years since I fished it and I'd never go back after way I was treated but yeah the carp are huge. I caught some massive trout on the fly lakes aswell.
    As for castle Leslie I will go there eventually hopefully this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

yea i believe there were some monster rainbows in there alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zizzle

Anyone know what happened at Lyreen / Meadow Lodge in the last few years?
    Found some videos from a few years back with Mick and Darren who seemed to have big plans. Now it's run by Leigh Bell.
    It's sounds nosey of me but I'm really curious what happened there and why the change of hands

Advertisement