Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 365 login problems

Options
  • 24-07-2015 8:52pm

I'm doing the part time TechElevate course and ironically am having a hard time logging into Office 365.

I got to a Microsoft Azure login page and entered my DIT student ID and password but after that I get passed back to the MS website and there's an error message and code....bizarre!!

I would be grateful for any help thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

from my bargain alerts post

Hey folks , I got it working for dit, but its not as clear as you think. Normal customers sign up and login with their id and password inside the downloaded word, powerpoint ect.
    This is not the case for us.

What we do is , we essentially download a pre authenticated version which is linked to our accounts

Firstly, Sign up. - https://products.office.com/en-us/student?tab=students
    2) Click "Find out if you're eligible"
    3) enter in your DIT email address.
    4) now, In dit, you have 4 useable email address(+2 test accounts but forget about that)

firstname.surename@mydit.ie
    C123456@mydit.ie

but you also have

firstname.surename@student.dit.ie
    C123456@student.dit.ie

Using these alias are great if you want to sign up multiply times to the same site to get the student deals twice. However In this case. This office 365 deal will redirect you to dit authentication server.
    You login and enter your Student Number and password to dit and they send your info over to ms.

5)logout
    6)login - only enter your email C123456@mydit.ie version
    no password

look for

Install Office on more devices On a PC or Mac: Install

Click Install

7)
    You should see devices already authorized devices - you can have 5
    (none at start)

Click Install

Download and run the exe file.
    When it is all done , you shouldn't be asked for you username and password and it should show up your pc name on the list of authorized pcs

If in the case you have already installed office 365 and your getting the prompt, just do these steps and all should work fine.

Hope this helped

Advertisement