Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Charge on Visa Debit

Options
  • 24-07-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hello,

I got purchased 2 days ago and am just after noticing that I have been double charged for it.

There was no cancellation of the transaction when I was paying and my card was inserted and PIN entered one. 

I've rang the petrol station now and they're claiming it was the bank that has double cahrged for the transaction. 

Can someone outline what I should do next? 
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

This happens to me quite frequently with BOI, the duplicate entry on banking 365 normally disappears in a few days though...dunno why it does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

LariToper wrote: »
    Hello,

I got purchased 2 days ago and am just after noticing that I have been double charged for it.

There was no cancellation of the transaction when I was paying and my card was inserted and PIN entered one. 

I've rang the petrol station now and they're claiming it was the bank that has double cahrged for the transaction. 

Can someone outline what I should do next? 
    Thanks
    Hi Laritoper,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Please check your transactions online again, as late in the evening when the system is updating account transactions, it can appear that transactions have been duplicated and the balances will sometimes not seem to be correct however, the final balance will always be correct.

If the transaction is still duplicated, this may be shadow posting which can occur if a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale (Transaction with your Visa Debit card in-store, over the phone, or online) after we have authorised it. This can also happen if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time. It can take up to five working days to correct on the system and be removed automatically from your account.

If this amount does not adjust on your account, please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative can look into this for you. Alternatively you can send your query when logged into 365 Online. Select the Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option and our representatives will check this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement