Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone app that detects products and where I can buy them

• 24-07-2015 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

is there a app that using a picture I take find the name of a product and find which stores sell the exact product nearby for example a piece of furniture or a writing pad that my friend has if I take a picture of one those it will photos online of said items and list stores nearby that sell that exact item

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A worldwide database of every single item in the known universe. That's something out of the matrix I would imagine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

kceire wrote: »
    A worldwide database of every single item in the known universe. That's something out of the matrix I would imagine :)

Sound hound does the same for music so I don't see how it can't be done for images

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Sound hound does the same for music so I don't see how it can't be done for images

A reverse image search is possible but how could an app dev possibly keep track of every product and the stock levels in every store?

Plenty of stores can't even manage that themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The Amazon app might be useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

RedLaser maybe? Scan the barcode of something using the camera and it gives a list of places to buy it online and in order of price

• Advertisement
Advertisement