Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 year old & facts of life

Options
  • 24-07-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭

Wife is out tonight & the nine year old (girl) comes out with the dreaded questions. Firstly boobs, then periods, then how are babies made & how do they get out...

Gaaaaahhhhhh !!!! tonight of all nights... screw you Ed Sheerin...

Anyway, answered as best I could, but I probably could have been better. So the question is how to follow up to ensure she has no unasked questions or is worrying about things?

Do we sit her down together ? Don't want to overwhelm her. Have ordered the busy bodies kit, do we wait a couple of days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just tell her that you'll answer any questions she has and to never feel silly asking you anything. Leave it open to her to come to you to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

January wrote: »
    Just tell her that you'll answer any questions she has and to never feel silly asking you anything. Leave it open to her to come to you to ask.

I wouldn't be getting involved in any major follow ups. Once she knows you'll answer questions she'll be back with her own follow up once she's processed what you told her last night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

She is 9 she probably has a good idea
    I would explain and buy an age appropriate book .

Advertisement