Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Optician in Limerick City?

• 24-07-2015 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I normally default to Specsavers though thought this time why not have a look around and see what other Opticians are like? :)

I presume all Opticians are fairly level on the technology field so I guess it comes down to customer service and cost effectiveness (though I don't mind paying that little extra for a good customer experience).

Any comments or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP may I ask is it for more of a selection of glasses or for the care of your eyes??

The reason I ask is becuase I purchased my last pair of glasses from Goggles4u.co.uk.

I still visit specsavers to get my eyes tested but then submit my prescription and get some really good quality glasses for a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

djdunny wrote:
    OP may I ask is it for more of a selection of glasses or for the care of your eyes?

I'd say more the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Well i have some strange eye issues and found the optician in Specsavers on Cruises st (he had a Scottish accent i'm pretty sure) to be EXCELLENT! The guy was so knowledgeable and helped me sort out a long term eye issue. He really knew his stuff and seemed to take a genuine interest in his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I use Fines on Catherine St and find him grand. Appointment times are generally kept. He talks you through what he's doing and seems to be reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Vision 2 Opticians on lower Henry Street - opposite the Franciscans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Decided to go for Vision 2 Opticians for a change of pace (normally go to Specsavers).

Lovely staff and highly knowledgeable with a personal, friendly touch that I never experienced from Specsavers. I think they're going to be my new Opticians going forwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Champ wrote: »
    Decided to go for Vision 2 Opticians for a change of pace (normally go to Specsavers).

Lovely staff and highly knowledgeable with a personal, friendly touch that I never experienced from Specsavers. I think they're going to be my new Opticians going forwards.

Similar experience to me and I'll also be staying with them.

Plus they're local people hiring local people with no head office in another country to suck all the profits out.

That is a major thing with me these days, I want to shop local, and if a local person gets wealthy or puts their kids through college or hires a couple of local staff then I'll be happy that the profit from my spend in their store stayed locally.
    Mc Donald's, Debenham's, Tesco, virtually all of the shopping centres, Cruise's street etc etc they're all rich enough.
    Why give more money to billionaires?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

I tried spectators. Conveyor belt system. I'm back with Ml Fine, Catherine St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

they're very attentive in Hartmann's too

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Yep, I changed from Specsavers to Hartmanns - got fed up being passed from one assistant to the next, and everything felt rushed. In Hartmanns, just the one lady to do all the tests and consultation and then a good selection of spec frames to go through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

iora_rua wrote: »
    Yep, I changed from Specsavers to Hartmanns - got fed up being passed from one assistant to the next, and everything felt rushed. In Hartmanns, just the one lady to do all the tests and consultation and then a good selection of spec frames to go through.

Indeed. You get what you pay for. Good service

Advertisement