Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menvier TS690R :: need a compatible PIR ?

Options
  • 24-07-2015 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

hi,

Is it possible to get a new third party compatible PIR for a Menvier TS690R ?

It's an old alarm but is working well and i need an extra PIR for the shed !

Pesky robbers !!

tx

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

bmm wrote: »
    hi,

Pesky robbers !!

tx

Any global pir should be fine to connect to that panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

KoolKid wrote: »
    Any global pir should be fine to connect to that panel.

Thanks, is global a brand ?

i remember buying a door contact from ebay a few years ago and for some reason the learn sensor on the TS690R could not pick it up .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No. By global I mean any standard pir.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

hi,

Pesky robbers !!

tx

If its for a shed I would look at using a duel tech motion detector.

Also wondering about wireless door contacts ?

Would a standard contact work ?

• Advertisement

You would need to add a wireless receiver but yes you could use that or a wireless shock/contact if the door is tight enough.

You would need to add a wireless receiver

Let me try and understand this from my (very) limited knowledge, PIRs are generic but 'wireless door contacts' must be specifically for this model ( TS690r ) , so for this reason i wud need to add a separate receiver attached to the TS690r ?

Have i got this correct ? Tx Again.

Wired devices are compatible. For wireless you would need to decide on what make you wish to use & add a receiver for that device .

Wired devices are compatible. For wireless you would need to decide on what make you wish to use & add a receiver for that device .

Oh! i should have specified the PIR i am looking for is also a wireless one. What are the chances of finding compatible sensors as the main control unit is at the front door and there is no space for a another receiver ?

Thanks for all your advice.

You get a quick bridge type receiver. This goes beside the control panels itself & gives you wired outputs to wire into zones at the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Oh! i should have specified the PIR i am looking for is also a wireless one. What are the chances of finding compatible sensors as the main control unit is at the front door and there is no space for a another receiver ?

Thanks for all your advice.

Again if you are using wire free make sure you can add a dual tech PIR.
    A contact on an entry door with a duel tech PIR will more than cover a garden shed.

Advertisement