Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing licences

Options
  • 25-07-2015 6:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

In confused over the need for a fishing licence.
    I am new to fishing, just bought the equipment and plan on going out this morning around Naas and Sallins. Will hit the canal where I know a licence is not needed but there is a stretch of the Liffey around here but I don't know if a licence is needed.
    Assuming it's is public land, do I need a licence?
    I'll be using spinner's, maggots and worms as bait. Does that count as trout fishing.
    #confused

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

You're fine for the canal but the Liffey around there is controlled by the North Kildare Trout and Salmon Anglers Association.
    If you want to fish it using any method you'll have to join the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    You're fine for the canal but the Liffey around there is controlled by the North Kildare Trout and Salmon Anglers Association.
    If you want to fish it using any method you'll have to join the club.

Thanks.Appreciate the quick response.
    Would it be the same around Rathangan area. I have family back from oz who would are looking to fish around there late this week also.

Advertisement