Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weight of protein powder scoop?

• 25-07-2015 10:33am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't have a weighing scales so I was wondering if anybody had checked this. So you get a 70ml scoop with bulkpowder protein bags. I use pea protein, has anybody measured what grams is in the 70ml scoop?

I had foolishly assumed they just give you a 30g scoop, varying in size depending on the type of powder you get, maybe it is but maybe not. I imagine it changes besed on the density of each powder. I think I'm getting through the bag faster than if it was 30g = 1 cup.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Any time I've gotten a scoop with a bag of protein, it's been the right size. It's about 50-70ml depending on density/brand/type.

But at the same I could see one of the less common proteins (like pea) having a density that's a bit off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah it's just a curiosity really, I think the site (bulk powders) delivers 70ml scoops with every type of protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I just checked my BulkPowders bag there. Actually has two 70ml scoops in it that are different sizes. Both when full of powder weigh 30gs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I just checked my BulkPowders bag there. Actually has two 70ml scoops in it that are different sizes. Both when full of powder weigh 30gs

How can they both be 70ml and different sizes?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Do you mean different shape?

What powder is that you are measuring? Cheers for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,675 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

They usually have either cylindrical one or truncated cone shape. Same volumes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Mellor wrote: »
    How can they both be 70ml and different sizes?

Sorry about the image size, I always told my self the wider, smaller one would take more and never bothered using the narrow taller one.

11800231_10153485923114138_1433858345881387190_n.jpg?oh=348dd2ecf2cb30e59e9891e1a865764b&oe=560FB6AB

*Edit: should have used a banana for scale

What powder is that you are measuring? Cheers for the info.

I'm using plain old unflavoured pure whey protein

It should say how many servings are in a tub. Then you can divide the content of the tub by that.

As far as I can make out they say every single type of protein powder has a serving size of 30g, and every one comes with the same sized scoop (which is one serving), 70ml. Bulkpowders are you trying to tell me everything has the same density once you crush it, is that what you are trying to tell me bulkpowders?!

It's surely a good thing that the pea protei will be finished sooner rather than later?

• Advertisement

No way, then I have to buy more! Although I already have a spare 5kg ready to go. Just like to know for wondering sake.

No way, then I have to buy more! Although I already have a spare 5kg ready to go. Just like to know for wondering sake.

You're sick.

I'd imagine the density isn't hugely different though.

Haha, well since I put mine in a smoothie the taste of the protein powder is completely overwhelmed, doesn't matter what it is like just that it is cheap and good.
    So far ive paid 60e for 10kg can't complain. I did try mixing it with water to see, ewwww. Back to my delicious smoothie.

Advertisement