Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotunda Girls Aid Society

Options
  • 25-07-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am in the process of starting my search for my birth mother. I am going to use the trace guide posted here whenever I can.

I was born in 1970s in Dublin I think. I never had any interest in search because both my adopted parents have been amazing and I had a great life with these.

However the way the government has treated us has been appalling. The way they have prevented us getting basic details about our life's has really made me angry.

Il post everything about my search...positive and negative and lessons learned along the way.

Hopefully this will be of use to any other people who are thinking of seeking out a birth parent.

One question I have is. I was adopted through the Rotunda girls society. Does this automatically mean I would have been born in the rotunda??

Any help or advice would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks for posting Honcho.
    Sharing our experiences is very helpful for those starting out or for those like me who might be stuck at a particular point in the journey.

I don't have an answer to your question re the Rotunda but hopefully someone will be along to answer this.
    Or better still, if you succeed in locating your birth cert it will have a place of birth on it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

any updates? went through the same agency and just kickin off my own search...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi just because you were adopted through RGAS does not mean you were born in Rotunda, there are no hard and fast rules.
    Do you know your first name at birth, mothers first name, her age and what part of the country she was from.

Advertisement