Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliffs of Moher ,would I see much in an hour?

• 25-07-2015 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi thinking of going with Bus Eireann, there's an arrival around 11 and a departure at 12 , would I see much in an hour? or does one need a lot of time.

Never been.
    Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You could run around in that time. Would be pointless though imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If you're travelling from Limerick/Ennis direction this looks like a good deal, I'm not affiliated with the company just saw a leaflet advertising the service last weekend! https://www.4tours.biz/tours/information-day-tour/53/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

It's a long trip out and if you have seen a cliff before it is not really that interesting. Granted, they have the visitor center with more pictures of the cliffs, (incase you missed the live version) and some educationals on the local ocean wildlife but yes, I'd say an hour would cover it. You certainly wouldn't miss anything life changing. There is nothing else around it to see, it's quite isolated.

Personally, I was bored after half an hour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 758 ✭✭✭JacquesSon

Definitely something worth seeing in the flesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Meh, it's nice to see alright but after a while it's just a cliff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

FortySeven wrote: »
    It's a long trip out and if you have seen a cliff before it is not really that interesting. Granted, they have the visitor center with more pictures of the cliffs, (incase you missed the live version) and some educationals on the local ocean wildlife but yes, I'd say an hour would cover it. You certainly wouldn't miss anything life changing. There is nothing else around it to see, it's quite isolated.

Personally, I was bored after half an hour.

I beg to differ! There's loads around it to see (The Burren), but you do need the time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Jim Martin wrote: »
    I beg to differ! There's loads around it to see (The Burren), but you do need the time!

Well, his bus stops for an hour. I think the burren would be a separate trip, an early morning hike kind of thing.
    You can do the cliffs two ways, either just visit the tourist center and see the cliffs (easily done in an hour), or walk over to the other tower.(takes a bit longer). That one was always discouraged by barriers and signage. Sort of "get back in the shop and spend some more money!". I don't know if that is still the case? Is that maybe now part of the hiking trail?
    I think there was one local farmer not well disposed to the idea, was there an agreement?

Advertisement