Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFPL 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Markx wrote: »
    It's been a spectacular descent from 4th overall in GW 10 to 947 now. I've made administrative mistakes costing 37 points but its been injuries wot done me.

Krul, Taylor, Shaw, Amavi, Wilson, Payet, Sanchez, Aguero, Chadli all with mid-term or long-term injuries.

But - the first player to go - even before injuries will be Pedro. Deeee-saster.

Yeah Pedro's been a big disaster. Injuries have been unreal this year mostly to popular players. Delighted I've managed to sneak my 2nd team into the top 1k, I think your scenario shows how quickly fortunes can change! (So maybe see that it can work the other way too and keep plugging away!). Still a long ways to go and there'll probably be a dgw or two as well to spice things up. Like most, I'll be using transfers straight away, need to to shift some of the duds/crocks! In no rush though will wait til all of the FA cup games are out of the way to avoid any nasty surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Yeah have to wait til next Monday or Tuesday to make the transfers. Hoping to get a change in fortunes as I can sell some expensive players like Pedro and Benteke. Firmly focusing on winning the FSA league!!!

transfers for this gameweek?

Thinking currently of Benteke/Shaw/Chadli -> Costa/Dann/Alli. Subject to change based on team news. Would make sense to get Kane also.
    I've a list of Outs and a list of Ins. Just a matter of sequencing them correctly.

Think I'll take a gamble and get in Payet and give him the armband MD1. May get in a defender and attacker also. Likewise will wait for team news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

manual_man wrote: »
    Think I'll take a gamble and get in Payet and give him the armband MD1. May get in a defender and attacker also. Likewise will wait for team news

I did the same. Also brought in Ighalo and Dann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Possibly the safest "gamble" ever :pac:

Wamble wrote: »
    Possibly the safest "gamble" ever :pac:

the way this season's going he could get re-injured and that's one transfer down the drain :pac::pac:

transfers for this gameweek?

Gonna hold onto as many transfers as long as possible. Although, I did the same last January and my ranking plummeted.

A lot of my injured players are back, or very close to a return, so wanna hold as best I can.

Will be looking very closely at new transfers this window. A couple of explosive differentials are a must if you want to challenge in this game. The likes of Giroud, who seems incapable of scoring double figures can be a real frustrating player in the ultimate format.

Payet, and Mane to some degree(both under 10% ownership at the time), were major reasons I climbed the rankings in the first 10GW's.

Will be looking for some fresh faces to do the same this half.

Sako starting up front away to awful Villa. Giving him the armband ahead of Payet

May the ufpl lords have mercy on me

:pac:

• Advertisement

fail :(

at least i brought Payet in anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Brought in Payet (c) and Smalling so I had some MD1 players! Happy enough with that.

Payet assist now as well :pac::pac:

Aguero may go mental tomorrow now :(

Lovely!

26 points from Payet (c) wow!! Happy enough with Punch chipping in with 4 too those two were busy tonight by the looks of it!

69 delighted with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

82 today.

Will be able to bring in Cech, Clyne, Darmian and Benteke for a loss of 2 points. Have Gomis then to come in Monday night if needed.

Despite all that, still reckon I'll do well to get 90 this week. Those 5 wouldnt exactly fill you with confidence in terms of getting points, in fact 3 of them may not even start.

Guessing you cracked the 90 today!

Butland, Smalling and Kosc today brought me up to 86 Gomis/Deeney & Ayew to come tomorrow for 2 points also have Behrami who I could bring in for 2 if he starts.

Aguero captaincy must have been pretty high in UFPL didn't go up much yesterday despite having him as captain and having Kane.

Ashley Williams what a hero. Tonne up

80 today. Will be taking out Yaya and Ibe for sure have Payet and Smalling on 3 as well but not much to bring in.

• Advertisement

Kosc, Azpi & Ayew brought me up to 93. Max score I could have got from my squad was 95 so happy with that!

Was looking at the January rankings the guy on top has had an insane month! Last 4 weeks his GW ranks have been 54th, 5000th, 4th, 10th thats ridiculous!

40th for the month for me has given me a nice little bump up the rankings after a bad December.

Next week looking like a lot of hard day 1 decisions. That's the first time since October that's been a problem for me!!

Next week looking like a lot of hard day 1 decisions. That's the first time since October that's been a problem for me!!

Yeh with Arsenal, City, Spurs and Leicester playing MD1 we're bound to end up with a few points in the reserves. I've got a full bench of MD2 players so feeling confident after using 10 transfers.

Squads finalized?

Squads finalized?

Yeh. Would have been better if we'd known a little bit more about dgws though!

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh. Would have been better if we'd known a little bit more about dgws though!

How's your ranking presently?

How's your ranking presently?

237th.

Things weren't looking so good a few weeks back but went 3 weeks back to back in the 1500-1900 ranking range and then last week 156th so that improved things a lot!

How are you getting on?

237th.

Things weren't looking so good a few weeks back but went 3 weeks back to back in the 1500-1900 ranking range and then last week 156th so that improved things a lot!

How are you getting on?

Holy shít man that's good! Yeah 727th for my 2nd team here and 3.9k for my first. Realistically any team within the top 1k presently is in with a shot I think. Granted a LOT of things will have to go right. But still a way to go, and factor in double gw's etc.

• Advertisement

Holy shít man that's good! Yeah 727th for my 2nd team here and 3.9k for my first. Realistically any team within the top 1k presently is in with a shot I think. Granted a LOT of things will have to go right. But still a way to go, and factor in double gw's etc.

Yeh pretty happy with the ranking right now!

I think it's opened up a lot to have a few differentials. A few weeks back it seemed that every squad would be the same but now there are a few alternatives so maybe a few teams from further down can make a run. My tactic is basically to not miss any deadlines my squad is full of very boring selections!

Yeh pretty happy with the ranking right now!

I think it's opened up a lot to have a few differentials. A few weeks back it seemed that every squad would be the same but now there are a few alternatives so maybe a few teams from further down can make a run. My tactic is basically to not miss any deadlines my squad is full of very boring selections!

In fairness there's plenty of players this season that are as good as must-have. Trying to be too smart will only get you egg on your face. Re. my better performing team I think I've managed the transfers well in terms of quality but also with a good amount of players guaranteed a dgw, and decent md2/3 options in the main.

In fairness there's plenty of players this season that are as good as must-have. Trying to be too smart will only get you egg on your face. Re. my better performing team I think I've managed the transfers well in terms of quality but also with a good amount of players guaranteed a dgw, and decent md2/3 options in the main.

Yeh seems lots of players were like we'll if Ramsey and Yaya can do it all season so can I! Makes it a lot easier to fit everyone in when you have Alli, Vardy, Mahrez and Ighalo scoring premium points at budget prices.

Locked and loaded. Huge MD1 choices. I'm hoping some key players are benched so the decision is easier :o

Interestingly, Callum Wilson has been included in the 25 man Bournemouth squad for tonight. Could be a nice differential, come March, for anyone who's not finalised their squad.

Wamble wrote: »
    Locked and loaded. Huge MD1 choices. I'm hoping some key players are benched so the decision is easier :o

Interestingly, Callum Wilson has been included in the 25 man Bournemouth squad for tonight. Could be a nice differential, come March, for anyone who's not finalised their squad.

they kept that one quiet!!

Unfortunately benched Alli but with a midfield of Silva, Ozil, Yaya, Payet & Mahrez was hard to see where to fit him in. Marginal between him and Mahrez I guess but Mahrez was slightly ahead imo. I started him in FPL though so I get to enjoy the early points a bit!

• Advertisement

Brought in Firmino, Wij and Valencia as my final 3 transfers. Hoping Valencia will be a nice differential.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Brought in Firmino, Wij and Valencia as my final 3 transfers. Hoping Valencia will be a nice differential.

Nice little differential you have there. I've ended up with Deeney and Ighalo up front!

Vardy in the reserves with Alli dammit! Bench points are a lot more a part of this game but no more easy to take!

Vardy in the reserves with Alli dammit! Bench points are a lot more a part of this game but no more easy to take!

I played Alli but also benched Vardy. Too many good options in this game!

I played Alli but also benched Vardy. Too many good options in this game!

Sure is. Surprised you were able to fit Alli in the side fair play!

• Advertisement

I've learned my lesson with Alli. He's too good to bench against weak teams. He's gonna be some player.

I've learned my lesson with Alli. He's too good to bench against weak teams. He's gonna be some player.

For sure. You must have benched someone decent ahead of him though to start him tonight.

Wow Ozil was active today! Surprised to see 11 points from him and Payet makes things a little trickier than I expected.

Happy days! Barkley & Lukaku to come in for Yaya & Silva.

Would like to have Chelsea players in with them being on TV but not going to bring in Azpi for 5 points.

UFPL_15_16_GW24.jpg

jimmii wrote:
    For sure. You must have benched someone decent ahead of him though to start him tonight.

Firmino and Ayew. 78 points with lukaku left and barkley left. Might give lukaku the arm band for the craic.

Firmino and Ayew. 78 points with lukaku left and barkley left. Might give lukaku the arm band for the craic.

Oooh bit risky! I'll be 71 after Changes with the same two to go.

86 so far. Dilemma time. Worst scores are a 4 and two 5's. Have a few options but realistically I'll bring in Lukaku and Barkley for 9 points. My subs in have cost me the last two weeks but I'll 100% certainly pull that back by captaining Lukaku tomorrow. Definitely. Certainly. Probably. Maybe.

Dropped 33 places with 77. Tough game!

Dropped 33 places with 77. Tough game!

Dropped 50 places with the same score... Down to 55pts now after subs with 4 to go, with Lukaku coming in for Kun and taking the armband; Azpi, Barkley and Wijnaldum the others. Also have Willian slightly tempted to bring him in for Payet's 5pts

Dropped 50 places with the same score... Down to 55pts now after subs with 4 to go, with Lukaku coming in for Kun and taking the armband; Azpi, Barkley and Wijnaldum the others. Also have Willian slightly tempted to bring him in for Payet's 5pts

Dont think I'm willing to give up that many points! Am only going to ditch Yaya and Silva for Barkley and Lukaku. Happy to keep the armband on Kun too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement