Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFPL 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wamble wrote: »
    Giving all my doubles another go bar Lukaku. Brought in Kane and Varhez. Marhez(c).

captained Mahrez myself. brought in Vardy and Huuuuuth as well so not too bad. Kane, Alder and Firmino still to go today, and then Barkley and Jags (both injury doubts) on Wednesday *edit Hennessey as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Did bring in Morgan so his 6 are appreciated guess Mahrez 4 points is probably going to be better than Lukakus score during the week! Painful seeing Vardy on the bench though Lukaku better make me regret that Mahrez captaincy and go nuts!

Well that match certainly changed things up for me with Lloris, Alder and Alli! 34 points from my back 4 has certainly made a bug difference to the week!

Spurs give me a 3 place green arrow hoping I don't fall too far during the week. Just the one point behind Wamble now but would need a miracle to happen for it to stay like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I had 3 defenders on good scores so didn't bother with Alder, it's the first time in ages Francis actually me a clean sheet and in the end he's cost me around 7 points :-(

I did bring in Vardy for Lukaku though so that cancels out some of the lost points.

92pts. Slight rankings rise I reckon. Now on to what to do for dgw34!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Cant believe I'm seeing green arrows after my loans blanking and leaving so many points on the bench. I guess everyone did similar.

As it stands, going to loan in three players for the GW34. Should be some monster scores that week.

My friend is currently top of the April monthly league. He smashed it up two weeks running. Go him!

Wamble wrote: »
    Cant believe I'm seeing green arrows after my loans blanking and leaving so many points on the bench. I guess everyone did similar.

As it stands, going to loan in three players for the GW34. Should be some monster scores that week.

My friend is currently top of the April monthly league. He smashed it up two weeks running. Go him!

yeah its worth havin a bit of fun with loans, both with the monthly and overall in mind

Small red this week knew it was a risk not bringing in and doubles so that's OK. Already have a full lot of dgw players this week so in pretty good shape.

• Advertisement

Have to decide whether to bring in Sanchez. Will have to be at least 2 loans, depending how I do it. I have loads of doublers, though not all good ones

3 loans made for two weeks. 15 players with doubles wish we could bench boost in this game too!

jimmii wrote: »
    3 loans made for two weeks. 15 players with doubles wish we could bench boost in this game too!

my head is a lump of goo trying to decide which, if any, players to bring in

this is how i'm looking without any loans:

5WSC1Ud5ws29mFL4F4ac9GNxqVzf5072sTjFXLFtd4JWysREcXwfCOEg0i9F1_CFvuMD7Uh8DkHtVB4IZdMpSu7scQg6C8HZB1LJXENo8BsbtY-HLFskSA8Tq7wNs7q8p7bE5VBGWi1oR6iRFuPYHA7cu0I8ABGeZ69uA_APzhm4KT1t6BRBxxc9DaTMfGqWJdcTwgEWrtAenFWhel6-iM9i2JunUA4vyXghcjIT3HJUShI3rb2RlMr3TOltWFAq8krvfMWgxKy6Xw0ef8lFcKynkvOTNX7_bWxrTRh13KOMME9Uf-_LMo0bnkSmEj9uzSAgLBP6csUeEwBlEhKA5QU-ZENgMmeR0bVl1uq4daXq6xkEkGPwg7bvmzad5S2G_r227-0GKTHql3qTdLCl9W4Od_8m1aVHbJKwiT8LJUD63Pso01yXJaGfJI2DUZByHZwWoiZ9hxoDG7KzZzVqLJ0bv5kobtY1AvjCgPHmmIP2hup10XZga9hqNfIKomkCM0ZbI7g549W-reRTZTLqSxe60g9Xt5Ia0TPmpF78kij0f1pAft10pIeIER7VPbUOCN_y=w659-h653-no

Darmian looks a non-runner. Barkley and Lukaku both doubtful in an Everton team lacking in goals. Wijnaldum and Toure and Ighalo all off form. And then the likes of Sanchez, Iwobi, Martial, Sturridge all potentially scoring big but which (if any?) to bring in, and for who??

You may as well put someone else on the bench instead of Mahrez as you're never going to play him unless all three of your MD1 doublers get injured or sent off. So long as you can field a decent team next week I would be tempted to hold off. Do you have a reserve defender you could swap out for Smalling to make sure you have a United defender?

You may as well put someone else on the bench instead of Mahrez as you're never going to play him unless all three of your MD1 doublers get injured or sent off. So long as you can field a decent team next week I would be tempted to hold off. Do you have a reserve defender you could swap out for Smalling to make sure you have a United defender?

could swap out Azpi for Smalling, or Kosc even

manual_man wrote: »
    could swap out Azpi for Smalling, or Kosc even

Kosc for two weeks makes more sense it does seem crazy to possibly go into a dgw without a defender from a team that has 10 cleanies from 15 at home!

• Advertisement

Kosc for two weeks makes more sense it does seem crazy to possibly go into a dgw without a defender from a team that has 10 cleanies from 15 at home!

think i'll just get Smalling in for 1 week. hardly worth doing 2 weeks for the sake of 1 saved point when your player could end up getting injured and cost you 2!

manual_man wrote: »
    think i'll just get Smalling in for 1 week. hardly worth doing 2 weeks for the sake of 1 saved point when your player could end up getting injured and cost you 2!

I've gone two weeks on Nasri that couldn't go wrong!

Lukaku and Barkley benched. Magnificent start. I know I'm going to get punished for not bringing in Iwobi or Sanchez, I just know it

woah! i didn't expect a rise of 52 places! a lot less people must have captained Aguero than i expected!

I don't know I only went up 5 places! I did also have Courtois, Azpi, Barkley and Lukaku though!

I have Lloris on the bench so they are bound to keep a cs! Cheers Courtois you fecker! If I finish outside the top 100 by two points it's all his fault!

• Advertisement

After changes 60 with 15 to go! I think I might just keep the captaincy on Aguero!

Biggest drop in ages absolute shocker of a week fantasy wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Stick or twist the (c) on aguero? Have sanchez, mahrez as options today, if they fail alli or alder on Monday.

Got 46 yesterday. Have cech, Sanchez, Morgan and mahrez to come in today for the loss of just 1 point.

Trying to get into the top 1k, a far cry fr where I was last season :(

I'm twisting but I have Mahrez and Kane. Don't think I would fancy it so much going Mahrez/Alli or Alder. Let other people take the gamble while you bank the points.

After changes will be 60 with 4 to play. Even just a dull 0-0 tomorrow would sort me out nicely.

After changes will be 60 with 4 to play. Even just a dull 0-0 tomorrow would sort me out nicely.

Will be 69 with 3 to play for me. Agree re 0-0. Although from FPL point of view I want loads of Kane goals

KevIRL wrote: »
    Will be 69 with 3 to play for me. Agree re 0-0. Although from FPL point of view I want loads of Kane goals

Yeh same although I would need a decent haul from him to even reach what you're on already! I'd be delighted to hit 50 a Kane goal plus bonus and >2 for Alli should do the job. Be nice to finish the week off well it's been such a brutal few weeks can't wait for this season to end!

Twisted to Marhez myself. Happy to stick now, although I expect Kane to get amongst it again tonight.

I've made 9 loans in the last three weeks. Bar Chris Smalling, all have gone terribly wrong. Low scores v big bench scores :( I'm still in the top 100 despite this, so I guess we're all doing similar.

My dream result tonight would be 2-0 Spurs. Eriksen brace with Toby and Kane chipping in with the assists. One time!

I've Alder, Lloris, Alli and Kane so hoping Spurs go to town on them while also keeping it nice and tight at the back! I wish we had more live game stats like we get from 3rd party sites in FPL so we knew how many Kane (c) ers there were. I get the impression there are quite a few people out there who play it almost like fpl and just pick the team on Friday and leave it guessing a lot of them will have Kane although in this where we all have Aguero maybe not.

I've Alder, Lloris, Alli and Kane so hoping Spurs go to town on them while also keeping it nice and tight at the back! I wish we had more live game stats like we get from 3rd party sites in FPL so we knew how many Kane (c) ers there were. I get the impression there are quite a few people out there who play it almost like fpl and just pick the team on Friday and leave it guessing a lot of them will have Kane although in this where we all have Aguero maybe not.

I'm on Kane(c) tonight, I'd say I'm the only in the top 5 of the pay league. I also have Alder and Alli. It's a close little league this season.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm on Kane(c) tonight, I'd say I'm the only in the top 5 of the pay league. I also have Alder and Alli. It's a close little league this season.

Who did you captain up to now to be switching? I think people learnt a lot last season it's a lot more competitive now!

Who did you captain up to now to be switching? I think people learnt a lot last season it's a lot more competitive now!

Aguero -> Sanchez. I had it on Mahrez but went with Sanchez as Leicester do not usually score many goals. I think Kane will get a least 1 goal tonight though. Everytime I watch West Brom they lose and play awful, I'm their jinx :-)

Aguero -> Sanchez. I had it on Mahrez but went with Sanchez as Leicester do not usually score many goals. I think Kane will get a least 1 goal tonight though. Everytime I watch West Brom they lose and play awful, I'm their jinx :-)

Made sense to change with those two to follow. He was the best pick for the week imo I have him as captain in FPL he's 4/7 to score in 90 so hopefully we should get something from him! I would almost have liked Mahrez to have had a quiet day yesterday as I can see them racking up a big score tonight and if Spurs score a few you have to think Kane is going to be bringing home a big score.

Ended the week on 83. Dawson getting good points tonight.

If you could come up with the worst possible let outcome for that match that was it! What a waste of potential point scoring!

Didn't realise we had an early match today just turned on BT to see the match show already started had a nervous moment thinking I was too late!

38 with 6 today Aguero (c) was so close to captaining Deeney yesterday but then thought o it's still better just to play sensible.

May as well have slept through it! 5 players including captain got me 6 points today! Kane (c), Alder, Lloris and Azpi tomorrow to save the day hopefully.

GW rank of 60, 55th overall! So happy with that. Think I finished 108th last year. Can't believe I'm on course to best it.

Going full throttle on double gameweekers again. Didn't work out in 34 but that ain't stoping me.

Probably gonna load up on West Ham and Sunderland, with a sprinkle of Chelsea.

Looked at my team after 80 minutes yesterday should have waited until 90 after Vardy and Morgan dropping points late! Have definitely got the DGW madness leaving out Aguero for Deeney!

On 46 with 12 to go!

• Advertisement

79 points and a GW rank of 38. 12 point hit thought :(

OR now at 1067, final push hopefully to get inside the top 1K

DDG, Brady, Mata, Payet(c) and Costa to go this GW. If Clyne is named to start on Wed, I'll drop 2 points to put him on instead of Alder.

Jaysus! Nice score Kev. Only Firmino did anything for me today so just treading water yesterday was down 5 places today moved back up 2.

Jaysus! Nice score Kev. Only Firmino did anything for me today so just treading water yesterday was down 5 places today moved back up 2.

I did half consider giving Mata the armband once I saw he was in the Utd team and all.... 2 home games for Payet swung it in the end though.

I did half consider giving Mata the armband once I saw he was in the Utd team and all.... 2 home games for Payet swung it in the end though.

Says a lot about Payet that he can pick up a decent score without a goal or assist fingers crossed he comes through with something during the week although with United having the extra motivation from today's result and West Hams performance at the weekend I'm not as confident of that any more.

Ayew is really annoying me lately, twice I've ignored him and he's punished me both times with big hauls.

My chance of catching Wamble is gone. I'll have to settle for 2nd place now in the boards pay league :-)

Ayew is really annoying me lately, twice I've ignored him and he's punished me both times with big hauls.

My chance of catching Wamble is gone. I'll have to settle for 2nd place now in the boards pay league :-)

You'll have to be settling for 3rd i'm afraid!

• Advertisement

110 now. Just Brady and possibly clyne left (for 2 point hit) as Costa is out

Wow nice! A paltry 83 here with (hopefully some to show) Courtois, Azpi, Barkley, Firmino, Deeney and Ighalo to go.

Wow nice! A paltry 83 here with (hopefully some to show) Courtois, Azpi, Barkley, Firmino, Deeney and Ighalo to go.

GW rank is currently 6th

GW rank is currently 6th

I went and had a sneaky look when I saw your scored not a bad week so what was your best gw rank last year? If only we had an fpld so we knew how many players teams have left.

I went and had a sneaky look when I saw your scored not a bad week so what was your best gw rank last year? If only we had an fpld so we knew how many players teams have left.

Think I finished the week somewhere in the 20s last year. Best OR rank was 8th after about GW15. Sigh, nothing like that this yeat

• Advertisement
Advertisement