Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFPL 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    That will surely change at some point and if he is out I wouldn't be surprised if Jose tried to tighten it up at the back to give them a bit more protection.

I'm still not even tempted. Terry and Ivan did well in ufpl last season, a combination of best ever attacking returns for them and a lot of clean sheets. I don't expect either of them to come close to matching last season's totals. Also, the extras (CBI's, recoveries) can be vital in ufpl (Williams is a prime example), and no Chelsea defender did particularly well in that regard. Add in less security of starts.....

I briefly considered Courtois, but Chelsea just look too bad atm. Will see again in January :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm still not even tempted. Terry and Ivan did well in ufpl last season, a combination of best ever attacking returns for them and a lot of clean sheets. I don't expect either of them to come close to matching last season's totals. Also, the extras (CBI's, recoveries) can be vital in ufpl (Williams is a prime example), and no Chelsea defender did particularly well in that regard. Add in less security of starts.....

I briefly considered Courtois, but Chelsea just look too bad atm. Will see again in January :P

Yeh handy having those extra ones in case the situation does change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Haven't made any transfers yet - going to map out my team today and make the changes this evening or tomorrow morning.

8-10 wrote: »
    Haven't made any transfers yet - going to map out my team today and make the changes this evening or tomorrow morning.

I set up a colour coded table with the MD rotation for as far as we have the fixtures if that would help?

I set up a colour coded table with the MD rotation for as far as we have the fixtures if that would help?

Cheers but I'm not really that serious about it - had too bad a start to care too much. I actually thought I'd missed the transfer deadline last week.

But I have time this afternoon so I'm going to at least look at the players I should no longer be carrying and who to bring in.

Cheers but I'm not really that serious about it - had too bad a start to care too much. I actually thought I'd missed the transfer deadline last week.

But I have time this afternoon so I'm going to at least look at the players I should no longer be carrying and who to bring in.

Sure I have it done I may as well throw it up here with the team later. On a different comp right now. It basically just says Spurs play MD2/3 every week seemingly on their own some how! Most teams are heavily weighted towards MD1 fixtures especially the good teams GW9,11,13 not many MD2 options those weeks.

How bad a start have you got off to? Mine was pretty ropey until last week. At this stage it only takes one good score to take you from obscurity to inside the top 1%.

if you haven't got off to the greatest start, you might look at a few lower % ownership players for the craic. A few suggestions: Sako(CRY), Diouf, Morrison(WBA), Ozil, Giroud, Ramsey, Evans, Rondon, Montero, Lens, Shaqiri, Sinclair, Eriksen. Tonnes of options out there. Begovic @5M maybe worthy of punt too if Courtois is gonna be out for a while

edit: De Breune too

Sure I have it done I may as well throw it up here with the team later. On a different comp right now. It basically just says Spurs play MD2/3 every week seemingly on their own some how! Most teams are heavily weighted towards MD1 fixtures especially the good teams GW9,11,13 not many MD2 options those weeks.

the only thing i would suggest is to have some Spurs and Liverpool coverage given their MD2/3 games for subs and possible captain change. other than that there's gonna be some gw's where your options are quite limited, there's no getting away from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Transfers made, I may have been a bit hasty with them. Let us pray for an injury free season.

• Advertisement

ufpl_season_2_rotation_pic.jpg

the only thing i would suggest is to have some Spurs and Liverpool coverage given their MD2/3 games for subs and possible captain change. other than that there's gonna be some gw's where your options are quite limited, there's no getting away from that.

Sure I have mine all done. All transfers used up last one was the extremely fancy Huth>Morgan just so I didn't have to one to do something silly with!

Sure I have mine all done. All transfers used up last one was the extremely fancy Huth>Morgan just so I didn't have to one to do something silly with!

Share your team? Or wanna wait til after the deadline? :)

Share your team? Or wanna wait til after the deadline? :)

Was just about to do it! Have taken a similar approach to my FPL team so its a little different from the norm (I hope!) A few core players then a good few of the mid range guys who can go off on one then the emergency back up budget picks! I can just seem Behrami being my saviour one week! I am quite Pool & Spurs heavy but happy to do so given how easy it makes MD rotation.

GK: Originally I had 3 x 4.5s then when I went and had a tinker this was a trio that worked well and even if McCarthy loses his place the other two work well together.

DEF: Didn't really touch this have pretty much gone with who I started with. MD rotation is only decent but hoping with the big teams they can help me out by just keeping a few Saturday cleanies!

MID: I really wanted to squeeze Sanchez in there as I think he's going to have another big season and there are a few weeks where him and Aguero are on different days so handy for captaincy. Ayew & Mane I think we will see a good few big scores from them at times and they play quite a few Saturdays so games they don't show up in they can be switched. Chadli & Punch are in there for the MD2/3 games and Yaya is just going to have to stay there now don't mind that too much though.

ATT: I wouldn't have Kane in there starting from scratch now but again the MD2/3 fixtures meant I kinda had to now really and I think between the 4 of them they should be able to do a decent job amongst them along with Aguero and Jerome is just in there in case.

Last year I made the mistake of spreading things a bit thin and ended up not fielding 11 a good few weeks so hoping I will avoid that this time but also not end up with too much money in the reserves each week.

UFPL_15_16_after_transfers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

That looks a pretty solid team Jimmii, lots of variety in midfield. In hindsight, I wish I had Kane and a Southampton attacking player going forward but too late now.

Which two would ye start tomorrow lads out of Benteke(Man U), Wilson(Nor) and Lukaku(Che)?

• Advertisement

That looks a pretty solid team Jimmii, lots of variety in midfield. In hindsight, I wish I had Kane and a Southampton attacking player going forward but too late now.

Which two would ye start tomorrow lads out of Benteke(Man U), Wilson(Nor) and Lukaku(Che)?

Cheers think I have a decent bunch of point scorers in there hopefully it works out that way!

Lukaku>Trekkers>Wilson for me there. Not a whole load in it though really.

Made 14 transfers and have 2 remaining. Anything obvious here? Nothing in the bank and enough u-21/HG cover so can swap out any 2 for equivalent value:

GK:

Begovic
    Butland
    McCarthy

Def:

Kolarov
    Cresswell
    Ash Williams
    Alderweireld
    Evans
    Gomez
    Oxford
    Targett

Mid:

Sanchez
    Pedro
    Memphis
    Ayew
    Mahrez
    Sinclair
    Sako
    Wanyama

Fwd:

Aguero
    Costa
    Benteke
    Sakho
    Gomis
    Callum Wilson

I would probably do Memphis>Chadli & then use the difference to upgrade one of Sako, Wanyama, Oxford or Targett. A Spurs attacker is very handy for the non-MD1 action they have. You could take a punt on Shaqiri instead of going Sako or bring in Shelvey for Wanyama or if its Oxford/Targett there's a lot of 5.5 options.

EDIT: As Manual_Man mentions if you haven't confirmed those transfers then reconsider those Bego at least. I have gone Lloris/Butland/McCarthy which gives you two GKs every week for the weeks we can plan for and even if McCarthy loses his spot there is only one week (GW7) that you will only have one shot at a GK.

Have u actually confirmed the transfers? I'd be a bit concerned about your goalie options going forward with McCarthy AND Bego. Also defense looks a bit light with both Targett and Oxford in there who will see little gametime I imagine. I'd be inclined to ditch Sakho up front (5 forward options is more than enough), then use the spare funds to upgrade Targett or Oxford to a Man U or Arsenal def, and upgrade McCarthy to a keeper with more security of starts

Have u actually confirmed the transfers? I'd be a bit concerned about your goalie options going forward with McCarthy AND Bego. Also defense looks a bit light with both Targett and Oxford in there who will see little gametime I imagine. I'd be inclined to ditch Sakho up front (5 forward options is more than enough), then use the spare funds to upgrade Targett or Oxford to a Man U or Arsenal def, and upgrade McCarthy to a keeper with more security of starts

Yeh if the transfers are unconfirmed this would definitely be the best option. I think having Jerome as a 6th is the play to make at his price. That GK combo would definitely be a concern.

• Advertisement

+1 on what jimmi says about a Spurs attacker. Memphis->Chadli or Costa->Kane would both give you 1.5m to beef up your defense

+1 on what jimmi says about a Spurs attacker. Memphis->Chadli or Costa->Kane would both give you 1.5m to beef up your defense

But then no transfers!

But then no transfers!

Haha yes but if the other transfers have already been confirmed then its the only really sensible play!

Haha yes but if the other transfers have already been confirmed then its the only really sensible play!

I think we have to assume 14 made 2 remaining means we only have 2 to play with which makes it pretty tricky! Ideally it would be best to move some money form attack and spread it over the defence and midfield but I don't think that is an option any more. Personally I would do Memphis & Sako>Chadli & Shaqiri and hope to get some game time from the Oxford & Targett and then fix that at Christmas.

Thanks all, good suggestions I went through it once more before the deadline and I'm ok with the Keeper options. I absolutely can't drop Memphis as I'm such a massive fan of his. He's going to be unbelievable when he gets going.

Kane to Costa was the last transfer I made, I know people suggest the opposite move now but I think Costa will outscore Kane from now.

On the 2 4.0 defenders I changed Targett to Saylor. Not really for any reason, I guess Saylor might get more minutes but to be honest both are going to be on my bench for the rest of the season.

Let's see how it goes now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Immediately regretted not getting Kane after picking my final team - loans are cheaper this year though so will probably be able bring him in if there's no other captaincy options in my squad.

Tried to double up in defence. Hoping De Bruyne will be a good differential coming in late.

Thanks all, good suggestions I went through it once more before the deadline and I'm ok with the Keeper options. I absolutely can't drop Memphis as I'm such a massive fan of his. He's going to be unbelievable when he gets going.

Kane to Costa was the last transfer I made, I know people suggest the opposite move now but I think Costa will outscore Kane from now.

On the 2 4.0 defenders I changed Targett to Saylor. Not really for any reason, I guess Saylor might get more minutes but to be honest both are going to be on my bench for the rest of the season.

Let's see how it goes now

I don't think anyone would doubt Costa will outscore Kane but its whether Costa would outscore the combined option of an MD1 striker and Kane and given you have 6 forwards who you could start you should have more than enough MD1 options.

On the 4m defenders I thought that last season and ended up with two playing defenders at one point that can quickly go wrong!

I don't think anyone would doubt Costa will outscore Kane but its whether Costa would outscore the combined option of an MD1 striker and Kane and given you have 6 forwards who you could start you should have more than enough MD1 options.

Yeah but there's only 1 GW according to your list where I only have MD1 strikers, and Kane plays MD1 that week also

Yeah but there's only 1 GW according to your list where I only have MD1 strikers, and Kane plays MD1 that week also

Tekkers is pretty good for MD2s as well as long as you don't have 5 MD1 strikers every week its not so bad.

nothing of note in team 1, other than Mert missing out again :mad: Barkley and Ozil in team 2, so not all bad there. Kun(C) in both

• Advertisement

nothing of note in team 1, other than Mert missing out again :mad: Barkley and Ozil in team 2, so not all bad there. Kun(C) in both

Jerome on the bench is the highlight for me so far! Mane & Sanchez stinking up my midfield with 0 between them so far dam them!

EDIT: Deeney now the highlight!!

Bellerin with 11 points :eek::eek: (FOUR big chances created), and easily could have been more on the extras, a single recovery, CBI, and cross away from even more points. Williams with his usual 16+ CBI's :D

Bellerin with 11 points :eek::eek: (FOUR big chances created), and easily could have been more on the extras, a single recovery, CBI, and cross away from even more points. Williams with his usual 16+ CBI's :D

I was wondering how his bap score was so high thats insane!

39 with Shaw to go today. Kane, Morgan & Chadli tomorrow will keep Lloris benched happy with Butlands 5 today.

42 sends me down to 202.

Going to bring in Kane (c), Morgan & Chadli for 5 wish I could play a second GK this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

40 points with the defence keeping the boat afloat. Got Alder, Mahrez, Vardy, Sinclair and Chadli coming in today. Could captain any of them.

Over the three MDs my captains went 1,1,0 unbelievable! Can't complain too much after the massive week recently but frustrating to give a lot of it back. I also have Shaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Over the three MDs my captains went 1,1,0 unbelievable! Can't complain too much after the massive week recently but frustrating to give a lot of it back. I also have Shaw.

Got Shaw too - annoying - 7 man defence now until Christmas.

Paid for lack of Mahrez and Payet this weekend but still hanging in top 1000 all the same.

Got Shaw too - annoying - 7 man defence now until Christmas.

Paid for lack of Mahrez and Payet this weekend but still hanging in top 1000 all the same.

6 for me! Can see this going horribly wrong! At least loans are cheaper now so its not as bad.

Unlucky for Shaw owners. First game after ufpl transfer window shut, very unlucky. This game has a habit of springing surprises. But as noted at least loans are cheaper this season. Bang on average score for my first team saw me drop 1.2k places to 4.4k. Ouch. Second team scored nicely again up slightly to 758th, would have been better but for MNF, a lot of Payet owners would have had him captained and seen a good bump in their score

• Advertisement

Unlucky for Shaw owners. First game after ufpl transfer window shut, very unlucky. This game has a habit of springing surprises. But as noted at least loans are cheaper this season. Bang on average score for my first team saw me drop 1.2k places to 4.4k. Ouch. Second team scored nicely again up slightly to 758th, would have been better but for MNF, a lot of Payet owners would have had him captained and seen a good bump in their score

I dropped from 166 to 984 shocker of a week and then Shaw. Bit of a week to forget.

One week after deadline and I am already up to 3 red flags not good!

Lining up like this:

UFPL_GW6_15_16.jpg

Cedric & Ibe in the reserves are the only two that could be changed for the MD2 contingent.

I dropped from 166 to 984 shocker of a week and then Shaw. Bit of a week to forget.

One week after deadline and I am up to 3 red flags not good!

Yeah those weeks are a tough pill to take, funny old game, after you nearly tonned up the week before and jumped massively.. Still nice to be in the top 1k at this stage, a bumper week is great, but scoring above the average 9/10 weeks is what you want to be looking for, i'd say if we keep our eye on the ball there's a chance to rise in the rankings... some managers will lose interest and i think the big guns will start firing soon, which would affect some of those who are riding high currently and went with a lot of differentials

Yeah those weeks are a tough pill to take, funny old game, after you nearly tonned up the week before and jumped massively.. Still nice to be in the top 1k at this stage, a bumper week is great, but scoring above the average 9/10 weeks is what you want to be looking for, i'd say if we keep our eye on the ball there's a chance to rise in the rankings... some managers will lose interest and i think the big guns will start firing soon, which would affect some of those who are riding high currently and went with a lot of differentials

Yeh really in the end there are only probably around 1k teams being managed so being patient is enough to get you a decent 3 fig rank. Definitely would have taken a top 1k at this point just sucks to have dropped do far as it normally takes quite a while to make it back! Not missing deadlines is the key really and I am out of action for Mondays for another 4 weeks so going to be tricky!

getting annoyed when a few of your players are one recovery or cbi away from an extra point :pac:

Silva injured in warm-up. captained him in BOTH teams

ugh

• Advertisement

Silva injured in warm-up. captained him in BOTH teams

ugh

Yikes hadn't noticed that. Who you have VC in the other game.

Yikes hadn't noticed that. Who you have VC in the other game.

in both ufpl teams... have Tekkers(C) in the main game

in both ufpl teams... have Tekkers(C) in the main game

Looks like Kane is going to get the chance to disappoint me yet again. Who do you have?

Looks like Kane is going to get the chance to disappoint me yet again. Who do you have?

Kane and Tekkers in team 1. probably captain Tekkers. Coutinho and Chadli in team 2

34 points have dropped from 166 to 1729 in a week and a half. After changes will be 24 with Gomez, Mane, Chadli, Punch, Tekkers (c) and Kane to go. Something better bloody happen!

• Advertisement
Advertisement