Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFPL 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

29 with Cedric, Alderweild, Darmian, Gomez, Sako, Ibe and Benteke (c) still to play - down a couple of places to 1156.

I reckon a fair few of the top 1000 don't have Aguero - he's still going to end up top scorer in the league so once he starts firing should see some upward movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

He's the highest owned player in the game at 58% but hopefully thats all us waiting just outside the 1k waiting to pounce!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Coughing up 11 points from 53 to bring in Benteke(c), Alderweireld, Mane, Chadli and Clyne.

Seem to be subbing out all my expensive players as a rule each week. The season of weirdness continues.

Markx wrote: »
    Coughing up 11 points from 53 to bring in Benteke(c), Alderweireld, Mane, Chadli and Clyne.

Seem to be subbing out all my expensive players as a rule each week. The season of weirdness continues.

42 with that to go looks a pretty good position to be in.

Finding the same with the bench very expensive players sitting there at on Sunday evening! 3 big chances missed from Aguero is not something you see very often!

jimmii wrote: »
    He's the highest owned player in the game at 58% but hopefully thats all us waiting just outside the 1k waiting to pounce!

Yeah I just clicked into a few of the top teams yesterday and thought some of them had quite strange picks and a few were Aguero-less.

Yeah I just clicked into a few of the top teams yesterday and thought some of them had quite strange picks and a few were Aguero-less.

Yeh a lot at the top have been brave but surely that will count against then in the end! It bloody better!!

Next week looks like a disaster. I've one non-MD1 player and thats Kone. Can't imagine too many would have more than 3 or 4 though. Makes it a nightmare to pick the MD1 team too.

Next week looks like a disaster. I've one non-MD1 player and thats Kone. Can't imagine too many would have more than 3 or 4 though. Makes it a nightmare to pick the MD1 team too.

Yeh the odd numbers weeks for a while are horrible fixtures most won't have more than a couple of players. I have Deeney, Punch and McCarthy. Given the fixtures having more than 4 is probably a mistake really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Forgot to change my team this morning, thankfully only cost me three points but it could have been much worse. Down to 1.1K now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Bad week for me. 3 of my defenders dropped - Gomez, Soares and Muniesa! It's gonna be tough playing with 5 defenders so hoping at leas Soares gets recalled soon, I think Gomez's run of games is over, not sure about Muniesa.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Bad week for me. 3 of my defenders dropped - Gomez, Soares and Muniesa! It's gonna be tough playing with 5 defenders so hoping at leas Soares gets recalled soon, I think Gomez's run of games is over, not sure about Muniesa.

Similar position to me I have Gomez, Shaw & Cedric. Been a bit of a nightmare week for my defence!

Similar position to me I have Gomez, Shaw & Cedric. Been a bit of a nightmare week for my defence!

Of course it had to happen just after the transfer window closes!

Of course it had to happen just after the transfer window closes!

Unreal alright. After last year I had made sure I was very happy with my defence now I expected Gomez to fall out of favour at some point but Cedric and obviously Shaw have been very unwelcome issues! Still have Kosc, Super Kol and Azpi but going to be running pretty short if anything happens to one of them!

Unreal alright. After last year I had made sure I was very happy with my defence now I expected Gomez to fall out of favour at some point but Cedric and obviously Shaw have been very unwelcome issues! Still have Kosc, Super Kol and Azpi but going to be running pretty short if anything happens to one of them!

I think Cedric might be in and out of the team, he doesn't look much of a defender but I'm hoping Koeman will still play him against from time to time as a wing back now Betrand is nearly back. The 2 of them would suit a 352 formation.

I think Cedric might be in and out of the team, he doesn't look much of a defender but I'm hoping Koeman will still play him against from time to time as a wing back now Betrand is nearly back. The 2 of them would suit a 352 formation.

Yeh think I might get a few minutes out of him hopefully. Easy MD1 pick but don't fancy having him as an MD2/3 option now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ive been lucky in that regard tho i may be without Dieeeego for a few games for my 2nd team by the looks

edit: well actually have Silva in both teams so wait and see on that injury front. at least if he's out for a while can loan in KDB like-for-like

Foraying into the loan market this week with Martial in for Benteke for Saturday (c) and Barkley in for Sterling in case I need a Monday captain and just to bulk up my empty looking MD 2/3 bench.

Foraying into the loan market this week with Martial in for Benteke for Saturday (c) and Barkley in for Sterling in case I need a Monday captain and just to bulk up my empty looking MD 2/3 bench.

May do so myself with Benteke and Silva possibly out and Costa definitely out

Everton also play on MD2 next week at home to Liverpool.

• Advertisement

rolling the dice on some loans for this gw

team 1: Benteke and Forestieri out for Martial and Ighalo

team 2: Costa, Gomis & Wilson out for Sturridge, Martial & Ighalo

manual_man wrote: »
    rolling the dice on some loans for this gw

team 1: Benteke and Forestieri out for Martial and Ighalo

team 2: Costa, Gomis & Wilson out for Sturridge, Martial & Ighalo

I've never even heard of Forestieri!

I went with Lukaku for Benteke for a 3 week loan for 6 points just cos of the match day fixtures.

I've never even heard of Forestieri!

I went with Lukaku for Benteke for a 3 week loan for 6 points just cos of the match day fixtures.

4.5 bench fodder is all he is... :D

Ighalo may be handy this week, in form and possible MD2 captain option

Martial will probably define my gw tho, transferred into and captained in both teams!

4.5 bench fodder is all he is... :D

Ighalo may be handy this week, in form and possible MD2 captain option

Martial will probably define my gw tho, transferred into and captained in both teams!

Martial is a good pick, I can't decide between him and Sanchez as captain in FPL. Gonna go with Sanchez in ultimate, I can see Arsenal scoring a few tomorrow.

Haha. Kane benched

:rolleyes:

Haha. Kane benched

Same. Stupid game.

• Advertisement

Haha. Kane benched

Fairly reasonable thing to do. Benched Alderweireld.

Took a foray into the loan market to bring in Lukaku for Benteke for two weeks. If he scores 1 in 2 it will pay off especially if he has the armband Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

No playing goalkeeper this week. Have Hart in goals and Cech in reserves, wondeful.

72 with Azpi, Deeney and Punch to go and have to decide on keep Butlands 4 or change to McCarthy. Think 4 is a keeper though.

72 with Azpi, Deeney and Punch to go and have to decide on keep Butlands 4 or change to McCarthy. Think 4 is a keeper though.

that's an excellent score. did you captain Sanchez like in fpl?(grumble grumble - fsa league 2 h2h)

that's an excellent score. did you captain Sanchez like in fpl?(grumble grumble - fsa league 2 h2h)

I did indeed. Between the two games that's like 80 points from him!! What a guy!

• Advertisement

Amazing how quickly your 25 man squad contracts in size.

I have McCarthy dropped, Gomez dropped, Shaw injured, Ibe out of favour, Wilson injured, Benteke injured and Gary Hooper was never going to play. So that's 7 unavailable meaning 18 man squad picks itself already with 13 gameweeks until the transfer window opens again. Loans are definitely much more appealing this time round.

Did a little bit of browsing this morning and 8 out of top 20 didn't have Aguero. I still reckon he will be top scorer in the league and top 3 in fantasy and if you don't have him as a captaincy option you won't last up the top.

Lukaku gets me 18 points on his debut to bring me up to 93 points this week. Who's the leader in the fsa pay league? He managed to break 100 this week and should be well inside top 50 in the world now.

Lukaku gets me 18 points on his debut to bring me up to 93 points this week. Who's the leader in the fsa pay league? He managed to break 100 this week and should be well inside top 50 in the world now.

That's me. First season having a pop at this. Got Lukaku in on loan for Benteke which was nice.

That's me. First season having a pop at this. Got Lukaku in on loan for Benteke which was nice.

Oh I see, so you basically copied me ;)

I was suprised to see how many of us captained Sanchez, at least 3 in that league.

Well done though, you're off to a flyer!

Oh I see, so you basically copied me ;)

I was suprised to see how many of us captained Sanchez, at least 3 in that league.

Well done though, you're off to a flyer!

In the sea of wrongness that's been my season so far, captaining Sanchez in both games has been the only rightness. I am strongly considering copying you again this week....:eek:

Another busy week for the team doctor I now have a reserve bench full of red after losing Yaya and Kosc. Getting killed with injuries yet again!!

Can we see either Gomez or Ibe getting any game time?

Another busy week for the team doctor I now have a reserve bench full of red after losing Yaya and Kosc. Getting killed with injuries yet again!!

Can we see either Gomez or Ibe getting any game time?

Gomez won't play but I think Ibe will get a few minutes as a sub.

Not many tough decisions to make this week, I think it has to be Aguero as captain.

Aguero as captain 100% and would be surprised to have to take it off him too.

My only real call is Redmond or Sinclair to start today. Could imagine either starting on the bench or could imagine either scoring two. Alternative is to bench Mane and play both but I'll be watching the Southampton game so would keep Mane for something to should at.....

Aguero as captain 100% and would be surprised to have to take it off him too.

My only real call is Redmond or Sinclair to start today. Could imagine either starting on the bench or could imagine either scoring two. Alternative is to bench Mane and play both but I'll be watching the Southampton game so would keep Mane for something to should at.....

On current form I'd play Redmond over Sinclair, also Leicesters defence is pretty bad lately. Mane usually does well against Chelsea and is scoring again so wouldn't bench him.

Yeah I've plumbed for Redmond. His form is better and Stoke have a better defence than Leicester.

• Advertisement

Gomez won't play but I think Ibe will get a few minutes as a sub.

Not many tough decisions to make this week, I think it has to be Aguero as captain.

Be nice to get a bit of a surprise and have one of them start! Have had to stick them both on the bench with all the injuries and handy having that match up first so we can get a look at who they are starting.

Took a -6 to do Yaya & Mane > KDB & Ritchie for a week. First loans of the season of the season.

Took a -6 to do Yaya & Mane > KDB & Ritchie for a week. First loans of the season of the season.

punting with my boards league team with a -9 this week. Hazard, Sterling & Vardy in for Pedro, Depay & Benteke. Kun(C) obviously

punting with my boards league team with a -9 this week. Hazard, Sterling & Vardy in for Pedro, Depay & Benteke. Kun(C) obviously

Its fun having these seemingly cheap punt sin UFPL especially with 6 point goals for strikers that makes a goalscorer loan pretty good value.

Its fun having these seemingly cheap punt sin UFPL especially with 6 point goals for strikers that makes a goalscorer loan pretty good value.

yeah its better than last seasons system i think. can be useful to balance out your matchday options too when you have too many/too little on one day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Stick or twist aguero(c)?

already got the tonne with my 1st team. was 0.5 short to get KDB instead of Sterling in my transfer dealings. but hell yeah Sergio!!!!!

110 with Cedric & Azpi to go. My bench is wafer thing so hoping for a 0-0 now!

currently on 119(-9). Had i been able to afford KDB that would be 135(-9):eek:. And that even includes a non-playing Mahrez:eek:

• Advertisement

currently on 119(-9). Had i been able to afford KDB that would be 135(-9):eek:. And that even includes a non-playing Mahrez:eek:

:eek:

Advertisement