Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFPL 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Look like ending up on 106 with Fabianski, Toby, Sanchez, Chadli and Lukaku coming in for the loss of 3 points.

Just a quick bit of browsing around suggests there will be teams dropping like anvils this week over Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

KevIRL wrote: »
    Stick or twist aguero(c)?

Depends on who you have to come in for him. I have 1986 Maradona up against the Middlington town U9s but thinking I might keep it on Kun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

110. Will lose 2 points to bring in Kone, Sanchez and Shelvey. Probably dump 9 more to bring in cech, alderweild and clyne. If Kone doesn't start then Gomis in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

88points with 6 players left. Some big scores round here so need a good Sunday. Williams, Sanchez, Ayew, Coutinho, Lukaku and Kane left.

Big Rom returns to his parent club after a very successful 2 game loan spell. May he now enter a long barren spell.

• Advertisement

Ended up just bringing in Kane, Ayew and Sanchez for 6. Could have brought in Gomis for 5 but figured it was a push at that price really. Up 500 places after yesterday would be happy to stay there today seems unlikely with just three playing.

So far so good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Woah! What a week. 145 points in the end. I'm coming for you Schmohawks :pac:

135 points and a draw in the h2h lol

135 points and a draw in the h2h lol

Chose Fabianski for MD2 keeper over Cech and that cost me. Was sweating on a save point towards the end.....

• Advertisement

133. We need more GW8s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    133. We need more GW8s.

top notch jimmi. finished 122(-9) myself a disappointing MD2 but ain't gonna complain with that

Wamble wrote: »
    Woah! What a week. 145 points in the end. I'm coming for you Schmohawks :pac:

Bring a box of tissues - I've got a nosebleed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Markx wrote: »
    Bring a box of tissues - I've got a nosebleed!

Congrats - friend of mine is Irish no.3. He's already spending his 30k.

OR jump from 2740 to 986 this week.

Pay league jump from 10th to er, 9th

Made that mistake last year when sat at 8th in the OR about 10 weeks in sigh. Was a fun mental shopping spree mind

Hope he spends it better than my wife is planning to spend it :o

OR jump from 2740 to 986 this week.

Pay league jump from 10th to er, 9th

pay league standard is beyond ridiculous in fairness. Some mega scores

manual_man wrote: »
    top notch jimmi. finished 122(-9) myself a disappointing MD2 but ain't gonna complain with that

Yeh happy days! I dropped a few places on Sunday but only around 20-30 happy with that.

pay league standard is beyond ridiculous in fairness. Some mega scores

It really is my 133 got me a grey from 5th!

• Advertisement

Aguero/Silva/Benteke/Kolarov/Gomez

and

Aguero/Silva/Wilson/Kolarov

all gonna miss this weekend

with Aguero set to miss at least a few matches, and Silva probably two or more, i think it may be time to look at some 3 week loans

I currently have 5 red flags, 1 dark orange, 1 orange and 3 yellow. Think its loan time alright. But I do still have a team for MD1 and not really liking the look of any MD2 or 3 players so not so sure.

I currently have 5 red flags, 1 dark orange, 1 orange and 3 yellow. Think its loan time alright. But I do still have a team for MD1 and not really liking the look of any MD2 or 3 players so not so sure.

Forgot to mention Pedro in both teams too. Ugh. Definitely think its time for some risks

Forgot to mention Pedro in both teams too. Ugh. Definitely think its time for some risks

With it being a mostly MD1 week makes it a little less appealing. I might try hold off and hope one or two are fit for next week. With those big hitters you have out makes more of a difference though I might just do Aguero>Costa to shore things up a bit.

f it 24 pointer taken.

With it being a mostly MD1 week makes it a little less appealing. I might try hold off and hope one or two are fit for next week. With those big hitters you have out makes more of a difference though I might just do Aguero>Costa to shore things up a bit.

Sanchez is one i definitely want to get in with the form he's in. You're right though it might just be worth it to do one week loans with the way things are set up this gw, and then re-assess after

Got a little bit too smart with my loans and benched Mahrez. Kane and Pelle then did nothing. Will be Mitrovic for captain tomorrow....

Captained Costa after my 24 pointer so that made a big dent in the hit. Overall a poor week though will be delighted to still have a triple digit rank this evening.

Wijnaldum(C) :)

• Advertisement

:eek:

I'll be going into tomorrow with 69 + Gomis & Ayew. Happy enough with that. Back four of Lloris, Janmaat, Azpi and Bellerin served me well. Just wish I had known Kosc was back before deadline he's sitting there is the reserves.

After my 24 pointer dropped from 541st to 814th as long as I hang on to top 1k after tomorrow I will be happy enough set up nicely for the next couple of weeks with the moves.

Wow! How many points you on?

:eek:

Yup haha made a mighty 6 loans and paid off in spectacular fashion. 109(-18) with Ayew and Williams to go

Yup haha made a mighty 6 loans and paid off in spectacular fashion. 109(-18) with Ayew and Williams to go

Nice! Fun to have random captain punts in UFPL even more so when they pay off like that!!

Nice! Fun to have random captain punts in UFPL even more so when they pay off like that!!

Yeah it was definitely the week to give it a shot with so many injuries and limited MD2/3 options. Be nice if Ayew and Williams can give me 9 points to make it a tonne including the hit

• Advertisement

Took 24 pointer for a 3 week loan for Pelle, Kane, Mitrovic and Williams. Almost held ground this week while absorbing that so not a disaster, but feels like it was a bad idea right now.

Took 24 pointer for a 3 week loan for Pelle, Kane, Mitrovic and Williams. Almost held ground this week while absorbing that so not a disaster, but feels like it was a bad idea right now.

Thats a good position to be in - took 30 pointer just now for 5 three week loans.
    Coleman, Bellerin, Walcott, Kane and Lukaku in for five injured players.

Gives me a lot more options for match day rotations and captaincy choices but 30 points is a lot to make back - I'm 500th now so will drop back to 1000th with this hit - hoping to be back inside top 500 at least at the end of the 3 weeks.

Thats a good position to be in - took 30 pointer just now for 5 three week loans.

Gives me a lot more options for match day rotations and captaincy choices but 3 points is a lot to make back - I'm 500th now so will drop back to 1000th with this hit - hoping to be back inside top 500 at least at the end of the 3 weeks.

Thats the position I was in last week my 24. Was at 500th and was just able to hang on to top 1000 by a point! Side looks a lot better for the next couple of weeks now though so should make that back. No chance I would I have still been around 500th if I had left the team as it was tatters it was tatters.

Good moves taking loans for long term injuries. The new points hits this season make it far more of an attractive option.

I've been lucky with injuries in defence and midfield, and to boot, my fit players have smashed it up.

24th in the world, 3rd in Ireland...and 2nd in a 16 man mini league :pac:

Shockingly good standard. Lets keep the pressure on Markx!

MD1 Captaincy choice this week isn't cut and dry. Torn between Sanchez or Vardy but would really like to punt on Shaqiri (H) v Watford.

Added bonus of getting to see ten starting teams before the deadline closes this week :cool:

• Advertisement

Captained Sanchez for his key pass/big chances created potential.

Had a full MD1 team until Pedro, Amavi and Sinclair did disappearing acts....was useful to have all those lineups though

49 points today. Kosc was the saviour!

Decisions for tomorrow:

A) Which two from Janmaat, Mane, Yaya?
    B) Would you bring in the third player from that list for Sanchez?
    C) Bring in Pelle or keep Gomis 5?

Thoughts on those?

I am thinking:

A) Mane & Yaya
    B) Keep Sanchez
    C) Keep Gomis

A) Mane & Yaya
    B) Keep Sanchez
    C) Keep Gomis

A) Agree
    B) Agree
    C) Same dilemma myself except with Mitrovic Benteke or Pelle. Looking at Pelles scores its a pure punt as he has more than five 5 times and less than five 4 times with a ppg of 6.7.

A) Agree
    B) Agree
    C) Same dilemma myself except with Mitrovic Benteke or Pelle. Looking at Pelles scores its a pure punt as he has more than five 5 times and less than five 4 times with a ppg of 6.7.

Yeh his numbers make him so appealing and so unappealing at the same time! With the amount of shots he gets he's going to go off one big ones every now and then but his conversion also means that he's like to get more 0/1 pointers than other strikers in UFPL.

49 took me up 150ish places happy enough with that. After changes 39 with 5 + c to go.

Took 30 pointer just now for 5 three week loans.

Gives me a lot more options for match day rotations and captaincy choices but 30 points is a lot to make back - I'm 500th now so will drop back to 1000th with this hit - hoping to be back inside top 500 at least at the end of the 3 weeks.

Well the initial impact has been painful - gone from 500th to 2300th. On the bright side have 8 players to play today.

Who's a better (c) - Kane or Benteke?

Well the initial impact has been painful - gone from 500th to 2300th. On the bright side have 8 players to play today.

Kane for me with little hope for anything other than 1 point :(
    I've got Benteke too but won't be playing him.

Pretty close imo. Benteke maybe just shades it.

I've neither. Definitely more fearful of Benteke today.

Kane for me with little hope for anything other than 1 point :(
    I've got Benteke too but won't be playing him.

Flip flopped...playing Benteke instead of Gomis....5 points but will make the 4pm game more enjoyable. Still captaining Kane though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement