Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFPL 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How today go for people?

Low scoring week with only Deeney and Lukaku scoring points for me unless Butland hangs on to his CS against Chelsea. Had the (c) on Lukaku, will probably leave it but will consider merits of KDB, Benteke & Alexis overnight.. How are the rest of you fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

How today go for people?

Low scoring week with only Deeney and Lukaku scoring points for me unless Butland hangs on to his CS against Chelsea. Had the (c) on Lukaku, will probably leave it but will consider merits of KDB, Benteke & Alexis overnight.. How are the rest of you fixed?

48 points, 31 of them from deeney, van dijk and captain vardy. Vardy and van dijk have been good loan signings, mane has been useless.

I have 3 strikers on the bench so not sure who to leave out - Benteke, bony and Kane. I'll probably play bony. I'll leave the captaincy with vardy I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How today go for people?

29. Only Deeney with points so far. Have Butland so hoping he can pull out some points here!! Fingers crossed tomorrows lads can do a bit better!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

36 with 6 spent on loans. Disappointing. 7 on the bench for tomorrow.

21 with Kosc, Kol, Sanch, Yaya, Punch, Kane & Tekkers (c). Fingers crossed for a better day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

21(-9) with Captain Sanchez to play! Loaned in Bony and Ozil for today.

Wamble wrote: »
    21(-9) with Captain Sanchez to play! Loaned in Bony and Ozil for today.

Yikes I thought I was in a bad way! Hope you have a few more than that to go!

Fell just 10 places with 47. Pretty happy with that!

Amavi's injury will take me up to 11 flags in the squad. Can anyone beat that??

4 of those probably season-enders too....

Markx wrote: »
    Amavi's injury will take me up to 11 flags in the squad. Can anyone beat that??

4 of those probably season-enders too....

11 is pretty impressive!

• Advertisement

Forgot to check ufpl this week dammit! So much red!

Loaned in Eriksen and Punch. Azpi and Mane being benched is a bad start :mad:

Loaned in Kane and Bolasie. 6 or 7 weeks til the window opens and we can 'fix' our squads!

Butland, Morgan & Ayew doing me a favour today!

78 (-6 for loans) and fell 30 places to 357th.

Have Sako and Bolasie tonight - have KDB and Alexis both on 3 to take out. Hopefully Palace go on a rampage tonight. Would drop sub Sako in if he starts on the bench?

Another fairly shoddy week - 65 points. Dropped from 4th to 50th in 3 weeks. With 7 injuries and 4 players struggling to get their place its looking bleak this side of Christmas

Markx wrote: »
    Another fairly shoddy week - 65 points. Dropped from 4th to 50th in 3 weeks. With 7 injuries and 4 players struggling to get their place its looking bleak this side of Christmas

Wouldn't be disheartened - you will be right in the mix when the widow comes around. 12 transfers will completely transform squads so I reckokn the winner could come from as far as 100-200 points behind.

3 points or Azpi? After changes am on 28 from four Deeney, Mane & Kol the only guys to show up yesterday luckily had a lot of options for today like most I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dave for sure. Most likely he gets 2 points at least, and has the potential for clean sheet and decent attacking potential for a defender too.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Dave for sure. Most likely he gets 2 points at least, and has the potential for clean sheet and decent attacking potential for a defender too.

Have Kane captain too which makes it a little less appealing! I guess that gives me a better chance of points no matter what happens best case scenario would be a couple of Kane goals and Azpi chipping in with a couple of extras somewhere along the line!

I'll take that!

Who would have thought Aguero and Kane would combine for 2 points this week!

41 with Kosc, Sanch, Ibe, Ayew and Tekkers to go. Really hoping that Liverpool line up proves to be accurate!!

7 seems to be the score of the week for me so far Lloris, Kol, Azpi and Mane all chipping in with that!

EDIT: Did Azpi not get a yellow at the end there? Hopefully they don't add that!

Took a tumble in this last week (down 300 places after a risky 30 point hit). Hope it pays off over the next two weeks with Coleman, Lukaku, Coutinho and Ozil all locked in.

Will be back in the running by Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

haven't checked in to this in a while. how we all doing? my two teams are ranked 3716 and 1575 respectively, not too bad but not too good either. it's a tough old slog ha

manual_man wrote: »
    haven't checked in to this in a while. how we all doing? my two teams are ranked 3716 and 1575 respectively, not too bad but not too good either. it's a tough old slog ha

Chipping away. Fecked up not so long ago forgetting to set the team but still just about holding top 500 despite that.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Chipping away. Fecked up not so long ago forgetting to set the team but still just about holding top 500 despite that.

good going still right in the hunt... ;) it's alot of work ha. i missed making gw2 changes recently, once or twice i can't even remember! very hard to win the thing but it's not impossible, just gotta keep at it i guess and maybe take some punts with the loans, a few of the big hitters that have underperformed so far will probably up their game in the 2nd half of the season, how many transfers do we get in January again?

good going still right in the hunt... ;) it's alot of work ha. i missed making gw2 changes recently, once or twice i can't even remember! very hard to win the thing but it's not impossible, just gotta keep at it i guess and maybe take some punts with the loans, a few of the big hitters that have underperformed so far will probably up their game in the 2nd half of the season, how many transfers do we get in January again?

Just 12 could do with a few more! So two over at ffs have won the monthly tempted to try it but think it would take up too much time!

Took a 3 week loan to put Sanchez, Chadli, Shaw and Gomis on the side. Those red flags are really starting to build up!

UFPL_gw15_15_16.jpg

Ah lovely stuff. Played Ruddy(dropped) ahead of Butland(8 pts)

:D

Hopefully Mignolet tomorrow matches Butland!

I can beat that, I dropped shaqiri for the first time :-(

• Advertisement

Ah lovely stuff. Played Ruddy(dropped) ahead of Butland(8 pts)

:D

Hopefully Mignolet tomorrow matches Butland!

Fecking Butland! Grrrr!

Took a 36 point over 3 weeks to bring in Kane, Lukaku, Ozil, Coutinho, Barkley and Coleman.

Took a 30 point hit earlier in season and it worked out well as players I brought in scored heavily with captaincy on them. I'm not so sure this time as 12 points a week seems like a lot to make up but was feeling caviller last night so went for it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

GRU capt today. Hopefully the red card rule doesn't apply to og's so I can change it

KevIRL wrote: »
    GRU capt today. Hopefully the red card rule doesn't apply to og's so I can change it

Yeh only applies to reds.

39 with Moreno, Ibe (yay he starts!) and Tekkers (c) today then Barkley, Lukaku and Punch tomorrow. Yesterdays loans and average score dropped me from 427 to 1013 first time outside the 1k mark for a while hopefully will finish on a high though!

The wee punt on Kolarov captain didn't work out so well! Butland busting out a 10 pointer was nice though god I love having him in UFPL! 7, 1, 9, 7, 3, 8, 10 a keeper shouldn't be able to go on a run like that!!!

39 today which will become 30 with 6 tomorrow and Azpi as back up on Monday.

Made my changes and logged out. Then was thinking thats weird why did it say I was on 33. Logged in to find I hadn't brought in Kane phew glad I didn't miss that out on that one!!

jimmii wrote:
    Made my changes and logged out. Then was thinking thats weird why did it say I was on 33. Logged in to find I hadn't brought in Kane phew glad I didn't miss that out on that one!!

That would have hurt. I'd say the early kick off today might catch a few people out too.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That would have hurt. I'd say the early kick off today might catch a few people out too.

Yeh I would imagine so. Would have sucked if he went off on one then I realised!!

Missed the deadline after getting inexplicably confused with timezones. Would have brought in Mahrez as captain, Vardy and Pedro. Cost me 31 points I believe.

New rank is 316. Think it would have been 121 eeeeeek

• Advertisement

Got a score of 92 and gameweek rank of 21 this week - got a lot of luck with KDB coming in as VC and 2 subs coming on with 8 points each - I'll take what I can get though. Still reckon anyone in top 1000 has a chance of winning it.

Looking at loaning in a player and notice I can do this for 2 weeks? So that would gameweek 19 and 20. I presume that means we won't be able to buy players in for gameweek 20 - as we get three transfer that week but they won't be in effect until gameweek 21?

Is that correct?

Looking at loaning in a player and notice I can do this for 2 weeks? So that would gameweek 19 and 20. I presume that means we won't be able to buy players in for gameweek 20 - as we get three transfer that week but they won't be in effect until gameweek 21?

Is that correct?

The three free transfers will be available to use once the MatchDay 3 deadline closes on the 30th @19.30. Loans will stop being available. The transfers will affect Gameweek 20 games.

The three free transfers will be available to use once the MatchDay 3 deadline closes on the 30th @19.30. Loans will stop being available. The transfers will affect Gameweek 20 games.

So I wonder can we loan in and transfer in players at the same time for gameweek 20?

My second team continues to comfortably outscore my first! Just outside the top 1k as opposed to just inside the top 5k! None of the top 4 strikers in my second team either, oh to think where I might be.

Gonna get to using my transfers straight away, lack of MD2 options and a few players I wanna get in for the long term anyway. Will be only delighted to get rid of the crocks and have-been-dropped's!

This is totally wrong. Transfers not doable till GW20. Bit confused myself about the set up now :confused:

This is totally wrong. Transfers not doable till GW20. Bit confused myself about the set up now :confused:

no transfers available for this gw. we can start using up to 3 transfers from after tomorrow's deadline (12:30pm)

as per the rules:

"It is not possible to bring a new player into your starting squad whilst a Gameweek is in progress. Any players transferred in during the Gameweek will be available for selection for the following Gameweek."

i take it this means, say, if we transfer a player, or players, tomorrow, that they won't be available to use on matchday 2 this gameweek, but rather will only be available to us the following gameweek (21)

I need those transfers badly. I've brought in Ozil and Lukaku on loan this week for 2 of my crocks.

Can't wait for those transfers! Right now 3 1s, 4 2s and a 3. Thank God for Kosc!

Edit: that changed quickly Kol, Yaya & Kun (c)! Amazing how quickly this game can turn around.

• Advertisement

It's been a spectacular descent from 4th overall in GW 10 to 947 now. I've made administrative mistakes costing 37 points but its been injuries wot done me.

Krul, Taylor, Shaw, Amavi, Wilson, Payet, Sanchez, Aguero, Chadli all with mid-term or long-term injuries.

But - the first player to go - even before injuries will be Pedro. Deeee-saster.

Advertisement