Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing custody of our child

Options
  • 25-07-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

The father of child has recently applied to the court to gain regular access to our child. To my surprise I received a letter yesterday. I have never had a problem with him having access but more and more things have came up that make me doubt how they could benefit from being around him.
    He pays no maintenance.
    Drops down unannnouced.
    Take little or no responsibility.
    These problems I have managed to not let bother me.
    What's bothering me is that he has an addiction.
    He has a full time job and can't account for one cent of it.
    He pays me nothing and goes to and fro from his aunty and mother because he can't pay her rent either.
    Recently he said he was taking our child over night. Our arrangement always was his mothers house but to my surprise he stayed in his aunts without my knowing because of the financial problem.
    Her birthday was recently he took her to his grandparents so she could receive birthday cards. He brought her to buy toys she came home with no cards no receipt and no change.
    I found out the amount she received from his mother. I questioned where the toys came from and where her cards were. He said he bought the toys they were from him and that he was deciding how it was being spent.
    I asked our child and they said it was bought from the birthday money they recieved in the cards and that their father keep the change.
    I also received a phone call from his boss recently asking if his addiction has came up again because he had heard he is asking co workers for lends of money.
    If he continues he won't have a job and may be homeless.
    Can he gain access he is clearly not at a good time in his life.
    I just want what's best for my child.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Seek the advice of a solicitor we cannot give legal advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement