Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D'Oh! Sour milk in my sponge

Options
  • 25-07-2015 2:36pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I decided to make an Eve's Pudding for later today. All went well until the adding of the milk, which (thank you LIDL best before 29 July) plopped into my mixture.

As soon as I realised, I stopped pouring. The recipe only called for a couple of tablespoons of milk or water. I checked my mixture by smelling and tasting it and it seems OK to me - do more experienced bakers think it will be alright to eat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

It will be fine :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks phormium - being savaged at the moment. What they don't know won't hurt them. It seems fine to me.

Advertisement