Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's digging around my patio slabs?

Options
  • 25-07-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

So I woke up on Friday morning and let the dogs out the back garden and noticed a huge amount of moss and cement had been dug up from between the patio slabs. Had me bamboozled. I cleaned up the mess. I got up this morning and the same thing has occurred again in some of the same places and new parts beside the house.

It has me confused.

What could it be?

Ants?
    Mice or rats?
    Pigeons?
    Foxes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

So I woke up on Friday morning and let the dogs out the back garden and noticed a huge amount of moss and cement had been dug up from between the patio slabs. Had me bamboozled. I cleaned up the mess. I got up this morning and the same thing has occurred again in some of the same places and new parts beside the house.

It has me confused.

What could it be?

Ants?
    Mice or rats?
    Pigeons?
    Foxes?

Almost certainly birds, starlings possibly or blackbirds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd say Crows, they'll do the same with moss on roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I'd say Crows, they'll do the same with moss on roofs.

You are right. Woke early this morning and 6 of them were there picking away.

Advertisement