Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Opening Account

Options
  • 25-07-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I've been trying to apply online but I have absolutely no proof of address due to me living with my parents, other than a CAO letter with my college choices on it. If I bring it into a branch would it suffice? If it wouldn't suffice, how could I work around this? A parent go in with proof of their address and vouch for me? Lastly, can they open the account for me even tho i'm over 18?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I've been trying to apply online but I have absolutely no proof of address due to me living with my parents, other than a CAO letter with my college choices on it. If I bring it into a branch would it suffice? If it wouldn't suffice, how could I work around this? A parent go in with proof of their address and vouch for me? Lastly, can they open the account for me even tho i'm over 18?
    Hi stevefennelly,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

This letter should be sufficient to prove your address. As you are over the age of 18, you will need to complete the opening of the account in person, it would not be possible for your parents to open the account on your behalf. 

You can begin the process of opening your account online here by following the steps and uploading your documents. Alternatively you can call our Account Opening team on 1890 354 454 who will guide you through the account opening process. Our representatives are available on this number 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 10am to 2pm. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement