Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Kilian's wait times

Options
  • 25-07-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,

We signed up our son to start in St. Kilian's German school in 2017. I'm trying to find out (for general life / house / moving decisions) how likely it is he will get a spot.

Does anyone know what their wait times are like? I know they have different categories for students (native German / non-native etc).

We've signed him up with German as mother tongue.

Any replies greatly appreciated (to soothe my wife's fears). Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Go into their website and view their policies. The enrolment policy says the prospective students are notified in the October of previous school year.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Stern

Hi heldel00,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I'm aware of when I'll be notified. The point of asking now is to get an idea of IF we will receive a notification. If I know now, I can plan better than if I know less than a year before school begins.

If anyone has any experience with St Kilian's wait times, it would be great to hear.

Thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ring and ask them.
    They should be able to give you a good idea.
    It is a fantastic school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I honestly never knew such a school existed in Ireland. It looks amazing. Best of luck Stern. I can see why you are so keen after having a look on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Mine go there. If you are down as German native you are pretty much guaranteed a place, well over half the kids have no German connections. They seem to be trying to intensify the German stream in the school as they get funding from the German government and they wernt up to scratch on that front. But yeah its a nice school , the Kindergarten in particular is fantastic as the classes are small 20ish kids and normally 2 teachers , the second being an assistant trainee teacher from Germany.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
Advertisement