Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass replacement

Options
  • 25-07-2015 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone in Galway City to replace the glass in a velux skylight? Lots of cracks..unlikely to last another winter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'd say ring one of the places that sells them and they might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Damiencm wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone in Galway City to replace the glass in a velux skylight? Lots of cracks..unlikely to last another winter!

If its an actual VELUX brand skylight you can buy a kit to replace the glass yourself.

If you open the window you should see a small plate with the specific window part number on it. Take note of this and you can e-mail Velux directly from their website. They have a section there for doing this sort of thing.
    They will get back to you with a quote that you can print off and bring into either JP Corry in Oranmore or McDonagh's in Ballybane (Velux outlets) who will order in the part for you.

I did this a few weeks ago for my two windows. I cracked the glass in one of them but they needed replacing anyways as they were 15+ years old. Cost just under 300 euro for two replacement double glazed glass units and the gaskets/seals also for around the frame. If you are anyways handy with DIY you can fit them yourself. Its pretty basic stuff.

Advertisement