Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Early European holiday suggestions

• 26-07-2015 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

So meself and the g.f are thinking of holidays early 2016..say Feb/March
    Im 24, shes 22.
    So looking for something exciting thats not just drinking and clubbing.
    Ive no ideas about holidays so am open for suggestions.
    Ive been to Florence one Feb and enjoyed it, but dont want to go to same place twice.
    Obviously cheaper is better.
    What could ye suggest??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭VG31

I recommend Munich if you're looking for a more active holiday. I visited there recently and it's very underrated in my opinion.

The beer gardens are great and the cakes there were much nicer than anything you get here and more reasonably priced. If you like cycling the cycle network is superb and most people don't even lock their bikes. The public transport is excellent also.

There's plenty to do namely:

Marienplatz (town centre)
    Olympiapark
    Schoss Nymphenburg (palace)
    Residenz (palace)
    English Garden
    BMW Museum
    Deutsches Museum (science and technology museum)
    Tierpark Hellabrunn (zoo)
    Viktualienmarkt (large food market)
    Pinakothek (art museums)
    Allianz Arena
    Starnberger See (lake)

You can also do day tours and visit the beautiful Bavarian countryside.
    Somewhere certainly worth visiting is Germany's no. 1 tourist attraction Neuschwanstein Castle. You can also do day tours to Salzburg, Innsbruck, Nuremberg, Berchtesgaden and more.
    I found the people in Munich to be quite friendly.

Munich is not cheap but not expensive either. I preferred Munich to Berlin, Paris, London and Lisbon. We paid ~€1,200 for an apartment for one week but there were four of us so you could a smaller apartment for much cheaper. I didn't really look up hotels too much so can't comment on hotel prices.

Aer Lingus and Lufthansa have direct flights to Munich from Dublin.
    Most Wednesdays or Sundays with Lufthansa to Munich in Feb/Mar the full fare for 2 adults is €259 return including 1 checked bag each. You can get Aer Lingus for €245 return hand baggage only on certain dates in Feb/Mar.

I don't know if this is the kind of destination you are looking for but I highly recommend it.
    I hope this helped! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Thanks, actually got a good idea...might start looking up nurburgring in germany, as we both are crazy about cars.
    Never would have thaught of Germany

Advertisement