Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB tracker refund

• 26-07-2015 8:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi just got my interest rate reduced from 4.5% down to 0.8%. Anyone else effected want to let me know how you are getting on, or anyone who thinks they might be effected but haven't received any communication from ptsb could do the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Go to ask about money

• Registered Users Posts: 3 baldoylebren

joe35 wrote: »
    Hi just got my interest rate reduced from 4.5% down to 0.8%. Anyone else effected want to let me know how you are getting on, or anyone who thinks they might be effected but haven't received any communication from ptsb could do the same.

Joe,

I would love to hear what date did you take out your Mortgage?

I end a fixed today. After asking and asking over that last 7 years and always being told that we would go to variable at the end of the fixed I was happy to get a letter to say we would be offered a tracker. Only problem now is the tracker is 3.25% + ecb which is not very low

If I can prove the tracker rates being offered on March 2009 I would be in a good position to appeal. In March 2008 we took out a 0.7% 12 months discounted tracker.

Thanks
    Bren

These were the ECB rates then:

21 January: 1.5%
    11 March: 1.25%
    8 April: 1%

PTSB would have a margin on top of that.

Thanks for that.

I am actually looking for the PTSB margins between March 2008 and March 2009.

In 2009 they told me it would cost 67K to break out of my fixed rate. So that is "at least" how much extra they got from me for my mistake of fixing.

They won't tell you, I've been trying to get the same information.

Head over to HERE It's being actively discussed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭joe35

hi bren I'm joe351980 on ask about money. I seen a few of your posts there. basically I had a margin of 0.8.% written in my contract. Took the mortgage out in Aug. 07, fixed for 2 years, broke in Feb. 09 and was in svr. Got tracker rate last week. I think if you keep fighting the rate ptsb will have to lower it. I think it's disgraceful how the central bank have handled this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 supercolly

Just wondering if anyone affected by this has had there appeal yet or even got a date for one yet

Supercolly, I am making an appeal through a financial adviser against PTSB to the ombudsman and possible the central bank. No dates yet

Thanks Joe35, did you use a financial adviser for your appeal or did you handle that yourself?

Thanks Baldoylebren

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amg2017

We received a letter 4 weeks ago saying that we were affected by the tracker cock up and my rate was reduced to 0.80%... we were told that we would received an update in 8 weeks so we will see what they are offering ..our mortgage was taken out in 2006 .

Advertisement