Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran is just so nice...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭catsbanter

A friend got chatting to him in a bar down in Wexford around a week or two ago. Got his autograph, took a pic with the few people in the bar that knew him. Said he was chatting to him for around an hour with a few others and had a good laugh with him. A very down to earth man was his exact words.

Dolbert wrote: »
    I couldn't give a shiny shíte about him or how nice he is(n't). I do know that you seem way too angry about this. Be honest, did Ed Sheeran kill your puppy or something?

I'm not in the least bit "angry".

Amused by the rush to buy into an image, and how vigorously it is defended by people who do not know him but have bought into it. And as I have said repeatedly, impressed by how well that image is pushed by his team.

So amused and impressed...not angry!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ed's marketing guys "so how are we going to market this guy"

Guy 1 "well he's really nice so how about we push nice?"
    Guy 2 "ok"
    *they go for lunch*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Enjoying watching people getting their knickers in a twist over the OP's comments. He's right too. If you cant see all of this is to squeeze euros out of your pockets and into Ed Sheeran's then you do not understand the music industry. Ed Sheeran is on stage on his own but off-stage he is definitely not on his own. He is being told where to stand like all other poppets in today's music scene. And the cash is rolling in.

I think that the OP is actually telling you all that you are bland and uninteresting and that is why you listen to Ed Sheeran, who peddles bland uninteresting music. He more than likely is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ed is the Tom Cruise of Music :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Does it not occur to people that celebrities are actually just normal people, i'm sure some are nasty just like anyone else but also many will be nice and sound, People seem to believe it's all image and PR but maybe just maybe the likes of Sheeran and Taylor Swift are actually pretty sound. I'm sure there's negative sides to them and let's face it depending on what the media decide to focus on shapes our view of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

I don't think anybody is telling Ed Sheeran how to behave. I watched an interview where he said the guy who signed him to his record label had had 5/6 previous clients who had flopped so he was about to be fired - then he signs Sheeran - who sells 7594793593 albums, and is now one of the top guys at the label!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bikeresearcher

Nice...talented.....but boring perhaps?

Advertisement