Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS in Kildare

Options
  • 26-07-2015 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey everyone..anybody any idea how I could get myself into a ras house.. My apartment is way too small as it is but I'm due my second baby in couple of weeks and there really is no room..plus its first floor with no garden for my 2 year old..really gets you down been in such a small place..any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Talk to your local welfare office to see if you qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 becky1993

Yeah I do its just finding a landlord that will do it? Impossible

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yeah it is not a very attractive scheme for landlords unfortunately for you. There are some who will take it if you keep looking. I thought the council would have a list of landlords though? Can you not just stay on rent supplement?

Yeah I'm gonna keep looking..see a lot of houses are above the rent supplement rates and are too expensive but with the ras you don't have to worry about the price of rent as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I know with South Dublin County Council there are no lists of Landlords available to check.

It is hard, OP, I nearly went on RAS and it was nigh on impossible to find somewhere where the LL would accept the scheme.
    Unfortunately, there isn't a lot you can do except find somewhere and meet with the LL and explain the scheme.

It might suit someone who doesn't want to deal with things like finding tenants and knowing his rent will be paid on time by the council each month, even if the property lies empty.

Just find somewhere, if you can, have a chat with the LL and explain the scheme.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement

Thanks appreciate it 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

fussyonion wrote: »
    I know with South Dublin County Council there are no lists of Landlords available to check.

It is hard, OP, I nearly went on RAS and it was nigh on impossible to find somewhere where the LL would accept the scheme.
    Unfortunately, there isn't a lot you can do except find somewhere and meet with the LL and explain the scheme.

It might suit someone who doesn't want to deal with things like finding tenants and knowing his rent will be paid on time by the council each month, even if the property lies empty.

Just find somewhere, if you can, have a chat with the LL and explain the scheme.
    Good luck.

If the tenant leaves under Ras thats the end of the rent. Your thinking of long term rental scheme.

Advertisement