Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to close house sale in 4 weeks?

Options
  • 26-07-2015 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have just had offer accepted for house. My Mortgage approval runs out in 4 weeks. Can I close this in time without needing extension. Any ideas from brokers etc welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It's technically possible but Currently I would say no. It's taking a lot longer than that for some reason.
    I would approach your bank first thing in the morning and tell them the situation. You may not need an extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wenbo

Your loan offer should remain valid for at least 3 months, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Its highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

kippy wrote: »
    Its highly unlikely.

This, its possible if there are no issues with title, planning and with exceptional solicitors on either side, but I would say its very very unlikely. Get paperwork etc ready to apply for an extension or reapply if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Offer accepted last October. I had nowhere to sell, vendor had nowhere to buy holding anything up. No negative equity, nothing at all really that should have held anything up. A couple of shìte banks and a dodgy solicitor on the vendor's side and it was over 4 months before I got the keys. Seems to be the norm according to anyone I've talked to, for some reason it's accepted too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Mortgage approval and approval on an actual house are usually two separate things. That's how some lenders are claiming very long approval times. Also you may find a bank is will to play ball with extensions if you're closing on a particular property - I know KBC were.

There is also the potential that your solicitor might drawdown and father ted the money (leave it resting in the client account) I know mine wasn't willing to do that but in the end I didn't need to so I don't know if he would have done if pushed on the matter.

Basically, and I know it's Sunday and you're probably having a minifreak as I did on a semi regular basis when buying my place, you're asking in the wrong place. Speak to your bank and solicitor.

Best of luck!

Advertisement