Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ptsb returned my tracker

• 26-07-2015 9:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi got my tracker rate on Friday morning. any body else effected with same???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Honeyloops

Permanent tsb reduced my rate from the standard variable rate 4.5% to 3.3%.

I rang to ask why and they said it's part of a redress for certain customers. They were very vague on the phone and said they would write out to us in the coming days explaining the reason.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Weren't ye supposed to get 20k compo as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Honeyloops

Weren't ye supposed to get 20k compo as well?

I honestly don't know as I didn't know anything about this! I came out of a fixed rate early but was never offered a tracker rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭joe35

It's disgraceful what ptsb have done. On your mortgage contract it will have said on expiry of the fixed rate you should be offered tracker. It even states what the penalty for braking from the tracker is. Ptsb waivered this penalty charge to try and refuse customers trackers on same expiry. I would advice following threads on 'Ask About Money' and contacting Padraig Kissanne, as he is dealing with a number of cases against ptsb. You can find his number on that website or just Google him. Sorry I don't just have it on me at the moe. I would also suggest all people with mortgages whether with ptsb or no,t should get a copy of their contracts and see if they're on correct rates as this is an on going problem found with a lot of financial institutions. Best of luck

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Honeyloops wrote: »
    I honestly don't know as I didn't know anything about this! I came out of a fixed rate early but was never offered a tracker rate.

I read a news article somewhere that as a well as returning people to the tracker rate, that compo of approx 20k was to be paid to some folk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

This is on all the news sites this morning. I recommend if you're with PTSB, checking ask about money, and even if you're not with PTSB, check your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Pos087

I have a morgage with ptsb. I have restructured my morgage in the past for a year and then went back to repaying in full. Has the wool been pulled over my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

It's possible. Check out your contract, then go and ask some questions on ask about money & check your online or telephone banking to see what your mortgage payment will be next month (the first month the adjustment issued)

• Advertisement
Advertisement