Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard USB ports and a wireless mouse not working well together

Options
  • 26-07-2015 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hello all, My new gaming rig is running well and all but there is one thing that's bothering me... the motherboard usb ports wont work well with my wireless mouse... The case ports work perfectly with my mouse but if I plug it in my motherboard ports, the cursor freezes, lags behind and shutters constantly.. I downloaded usb drivers from ASrock's website but they aren't helping..

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix??
    Any little help would be appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Turn your case around backwards.

The mouse has a very low TX power and can't penetrate the case and io shield well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Hunt3R

ED E wrote: »
    Turn your case around backwards.

The mouse has a very low TX power and can't penetrate the case and io shield well.

Sorry? I don't quite get what you are trying go dayt by " turn your case around backwards "..

Do I literally turn my case around?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes.

Right now the signal has to go through at least 3 sheets of metal to go from transmitter to mouse, its not up to it. If you spin the case, it'll just have to pass through air. Do this, confirm it works. Then buy a 50cm USB extension cable and use it to bring the transmitter closer to the mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

buy a usb extension cable and point your dongle in the general direction of your mouse,
    Or what i did with the wireless 360 controllers and my wireless mouse, i have them plugged in to the back of the case, and the cables are ran back into the case through the unused exspansion slots in the back of the case, and routed to the front of the case and Velcro-ed to the front of case on the inside, signal only has to come through plastic now.

This really improved connectivity when using wireless mouse and controllers from the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Hunt3R

Turning the case around wasn't an option ( too many wires :/ ) but I had a spare usb extension cord. Plugged the receiver it and the cord hangs behind the monitor. Everything seems to work perfectly... Thanks to both of you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement