Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray tan and sunscreen/water?

Options
  • 26-07-2015 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am off for a week in the sun next week, and having a fake bake spray tan 24 hrs before. (It will have the full following day to develop so should be well locked in once I hit the sun)

I've had it done once before and was really pleased with how long it last it and how evenly it faded.

That said, I've never had to manage sunscreen and pool/sea water coming in contact with it.

I understand that oil based moisturisers will cause it to fade more quickly, so I'm looking for advice on how best to maintain it whilst protecting my skin and probably dipping in and out of the pool/sea.

Does anyone have any helpful tips to share, particularly what type of sunscreen to use, and whether the pool or salt water will affect it adversely

Thanks! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

As far as I know, your usual sunscreen will be fine. From my own experience, the chlorine (or whatever chemicals they use) in the pool water definitely wears fake tan away sooner than sea water.
    Now I just don't bother getting a spray tan before I go on holidays. I use a gradual tan (Dove is my current favourite) and maybe some Sally Hansen or Sunshimmer if I need a bit extra in the evenings early on in the holiday.

Advertisement