Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Games Done Quick 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Already off to an incredible start, this Yoshi's Island 100% run is mental :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

That one small mistake lost him so much time. Still a good run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Some skill with that chap!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Christ that 5-4 trick was mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

This is phenomenal!

• Advertisement

It's only going to get better. Lots of terrible Sonic games yet to come. Buggy games mean insane skips and glitches. The 100% run of Yoshi is impressive but the any % at the last GDQ was mental with all the glitches. Basically some of the glitches make it so that you are rewriting the games memory that you really shouldn't essentially reprogramming the game on the fly using the characters movement in the game :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Christ that 5-4 trick was mental.

Crazy good that was. The egg juggling was very impressive too.

That was amazing. Now for the unpatched Sonic Boom run. I've seen some one do this before. The game is so incredibly broken and **** which makes it great for speed runs.

I'm not even sure what was happening in Shadow the Hedgehog? That game just looks so bad.

This Sonic Adventure speed run is showing what I've always said about Sonic Adventure. It has an engine held together by the optimism of the coders and is probably even more broken that Sonic 06 (and a crappy game to boot).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

That crash run. :O Needless to say, he won't be invited back to a Games Done Quick event.

N64 wrote: »
    That crash run. :O Needless to say, he won't be invited back to a Games Done Quick event.

What happened? I only survived until the first DKC rub before I had to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

What happened? I only survived until the first DKC rub before I had to sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_dAdD9z9KA

Look below in comments for timestamps.

Christ that's a bit of a trainwreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I think the guy was just really nervous which probably accentuated his terrible, terrible sense of humour. Twitch closed his channel too (probably after a flood of complaints). I feel pretty bad for the guy to be honest. Some people just shouldn't perform in public.

Good line up fo when I get off work. Dying to see the Ghost n'Goblins/Ghouls n'Ghosts run, I used to be able to one credit Ghosts and even managing that was a monumental achievement. Tetris was the highlight of last year so can't wait to see that tonight, hopefully I wpn't be as tired as last night. The one I really want to see is Toejam and Earl since it's so random since it's a rogue like.

Good line up fo when I get off work. Dying to see the Ghost n'Goblins/Ghouls n'Ghosts run, I used to be able to one credit Ghosts and even managing that was a monumental achievement. Tetris was the highlight of last year so can't wait to see that tonight, hopefully I wpn't be as tired as last night. The one I really want to see is Toejam and Earl since it's so random since it's a rogue like.

I see the GnG games are run on NES & PS2 - curious to know how they would compare to the arcade originals in relation to speed running. Would the same techniques work etc.

Well the NES GnG is from the era before Capcom handled their own conversions. So it's the god awful port by Micronics. As for the PS2 port it's probably running a bit faster on PS2, I know they do a lot of speed runs on Virtual Console which they say run a bit faster. Maybe M2 handed the PS2 port so it's a good one?

Looks like Toejam and Earl is a world record :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, he got so lucky with all those doorways.

• Advertisement

He must have made a big sacrifice to the RNGesus.

MonkeyBall is just bananas to watch :)

pikachu_sees_what_you_did_there_by_atomicazured500nid.jpg

Two world records today. Also if you are awake you need to check out the insanity of Tetris which is on right now.

just wondering, what was the 2nd WR? seen TJ&E, but not the other.

btw, that "Solo Doubles" on TGM was ridiculous.

It was that Spica's Adventure game that was before Tetris.

That last Metroid Prime Hunters shot was epic :)

speaking of Metroid, kill the animals!

Did anyone catch Bastion earlier? They sang the song at the end during the credits. The chat was going crazy, in a bad way. I wanted to tear my insides out with the cringeyness.

Kirby's Avalanche is on now and its the exact same game as Mean Bean Machine on the megadrive!

Its great though. You can watch any game and its interesting, especially when they talk through it.

• Advertisement

Kirby's Avalanche is on now and its the exact same game as Mean Bean Machine on the megadrive!

Kirby's Avalanche and Mean Bean Machine are just reskins of Compile's game Puyo Puyo. It's a bit like Westone's Wonderboy which they licensed out and it became Wonderboy for Sega and Adventure Island for Hudson soft.

Advertisement