Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls to UK Mobiles

Options
  • 26-07-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

I need to make a lot of calls to UK mobiles from my mobile. I will be using a spare phone as I don't want to change my current network - Tesco.

I have read that Meteor offer the cheapest rate of 10c per min. I have also read about calling cards like the one from Tesco & they all seem to be around 10c per min.

Does anyone know of a cheaper option ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Tesco Mobile
    United Kingdom

Landlines

Mobiles

Texts

--

Lycamobile
    (text SAVE to 2525 to get our cheapest rates)

1c/min
    Landline

9c/min
    Mobile

15c/SMS
    SMS

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Has anyone used this company ?

http://www.talkxtra.ie/

They have been around for 10 years & are quoting 3c per min to UK Voda mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

sugarman wrote: »
    Could you not just use WhatsApp, Viber or Skype?

Unfortunately not. I have always found Viber call quality to be bad. What's the quality like with WhatsApp ?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Discodog wrote: »
    I need to make a lot of calls to UK mobiles from my mobile. I will be using a spare phone as I don't want to change my current network - Tesco.

I have read that Meteor offer the cheapest rate of 10c per min. I have also read about calling cards like the one from Tesco & they all seem to be around 10c per min.

Does anyone know of a cheaper option ?

Just Voip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Alternatively you get a 3 UK sim, they have 3 like home [...] Its possible to get free 3 to 3 calls too. You'll just need someone to send you credit.

Or just set up and auto top-up using a credit or debit card.
    Discodog wrote: »
    Has anyone used this company ?

http://www.talkxtra.ie/

They have been around for 10 years & are quoting 3c per min to UK Voda mobiles.

They seem to be an offshoot/project by Zamano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Alternatively you get a 3 UK sim, they have 3 like home. So you would be charged 3 UK rates while using it here. Its possible to get free 3 to 3 calls too. You'll just need someone to send you credit.

Just be aware of their T&Cs bit below. I have a Three UK SIM here but don't use it continuously, so haven't had this happen.

"If you use your allowances exclusively in a Feel At Home destination for any 3 complete months in a rolling 12 month period, we may suspend international roaming on your account...."

Advertisement