Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

you have 1 new item in your inventory

• 26-07-2015 6:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

is there any way to turn off these steam card/game card/item ****ing annoyances?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

strelok wrote: »
    is there any way to turn off these steam card/game card/item ****ing annoyances?

I'd be interested in an answer to this also.

But OP,c compared to Windows games live, origin, Ubiplay. Steam is easy, relaxed andI inoffensive to the eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

You could disable the Steam Overlay in your Settings. Personally, I find this quite useful. However, I can't find a specific setting that will hide any notifications for items received in your inventory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i kind of like those notifications, it generally means steam is giving me free money

so what if it's only 8cent per card, they all add up for those steamsales :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i kind of like those notifications, it generally means steam is giving me free money

i thought that way at first, well.. at second.. after i was done being pissed off, but now i let it slide and i have about 15 of the ****ers and the *hassle* of it all

ugh

just slap them up on the marketplace as ye get them,
    lol i have one card up there for some obscene amount of money.. ye never know :)

• Advertisement

ehe, same. have one up for 50 euro. maybe in 5 years time it'll be a rare item

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I made around €100 selling those cards which saw me through the Summer sale and got me The Witcher 3 all for free :)

how many cards did you have to sell at 2 or 3 cent each to get 100 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

strelok wrote: »
    how many cards did you have to sell at 2 or 3 cent each to get 100 euro?

a sh1t ton!

used a combination of Idle Master and Steam Inventory Helper to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Skerries wrote: »
    a sh1t ton!

used a combination of Idle Master and Steam Inventory Helper to do it

This is what I did. I easily made $200 from it but I do have about 850 games in steam so there was a lot of cards to collect!

It is harder now though since from what I have read you have to play for at least 2 hours now to start getting cards from a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

This is what I did. I easily made $200 from it but I do have about 850 games in steam so there was a lot of cards to collect!

It is harder now though since from what I have read you have to play for at least 2 hours now to start getting cards from a game.

Yes, that's because of the new refund policy where you can request your money back provided you have less than two hours of gameplay. Obviously they don't want you farming cards from games you're going to return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It's not free money though, it requires the laborious waste of time that is selling them on the market.

I eventually spent twenty minutes last month putting all the cards up for sale just to get them the hell out of my account, and it was very annoying. Made a whole, I dunno, two quid maybe?

I'd opt out of that nonsense in a second, and I despair for the human race that people actually pay money to collect these cards in the first place.

Zillah wrote: »
    It's not free money though, it requires the laborious waste of time that is selling them on the market.

I eventually spent twenty minutes last month putting all the cards up for sale just to get them the hell out of my account, and it was very annoying. Made a whole, I dunno, two quid maybe?

I'd opt out of that nonsense in a second, and I despair for the human race that people actually pay money to collect these cards in the first place.

Use steam inventory helper to sell them all at once.

Ah now Zillah, come on..

If ye keep your inventory clean and market your cards say once a week for games that ye already own.. it's as good or bad as using a voucher in a supermarket - i agree it's a gimmick, but if that gimmick saves me a few quid on a pre-order due to me playing a game i willingly bought for my own enjoyment - then thanks GabeN for the 30-40c back for each game that has trading cards (which is pretty much every AAA and a hape of indies)

I dunno, if ye reckon it's not worth it, fair enough.. but it's worth doing imo and it does rack up fairly quickly if you're marketing the cards fairly often, even at the minimum average buyout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I bought 4 cards once to make a sale badge,needed to be steam lvl 6 for the chance to win free games in that steam sale so i ponied up €0.24.

That was the first and last time i ever bought any,but selling and earning them i have no problem with.

Is it the notifications or the fact they are there that bothers people?

If ye keep your inventory clean and market your cards say once a week for games that ye already own.

I have enough chores to be doing in real life! I am more time-poor than I am money-poor, so time for pennies selling digital goods is a trade I don't want to make.
    it's as good or bad as using a voucher in a supermarket

Yeah I don't do that either.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is it the notifications or the fact they are there that bothers people?

I find the whole thing objectionable. I see it as a crass attempt at skimming a profit by Valve, it's condescending expecting everyone to take an interest in buying and selling imaginary cards, it's obnoxious adding it to people's accounts with no ability to opt-out, it's irritating having pop-ups arriving on my desktop with no ability to disable them.

I want to use Steam to buy and play games, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Fair enough,i could only really see it being a minor annoyance to some,didnt realise people were that irritated by them. Knowing this,an opt out button seems a fair request.

I see them as a few extra € towards games which i feel is no harm. But each to there own

I have enough chores to be doing in real life! I am more time-poor than I am money-poor, so time for pennies selling digital goods is a trade I don't want to make.

lol but ye have enough time to give out about it eh EH? haha :D

Like I said, use steam inventory helper. It will do everything for you in a few minutes in an automated way. No need to spend your precious time on it.

You can also disable the overlay for games if it bothers you so much.

• Advertisement

lol but ye have enough time to give out about it eh EH? haha :D

This is mildly less annoying :pac:

Also I'm at work.

Advertisement