Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Liv Hybrid

Options
  • 26-07-2015 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, just moved to Galway and looking to buy a hybrid for getting around the city and also starting to do some cycling at the weekend (prob max 30 or 40km). I like the Giant Liv Alight 3 and also the 2. The 3 is significantly cheaper (375e) versus the 2 (499e). Does anyone know what these bikes weight - can't find the info anywhere and trying to decide if the 2 is worth the extra money. I'll be doing the BTW but there's no point throwing money away if the difference isn't significant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi

The best reference I can find is below, which suggests the weight is about 12Kg (26lb) - http://www.bikecommuters.com/2014/08/27/giant-liv-alight-all-city-quick-review/

In general with giant as the numbers get lower the components get better - the one thing I noted from the giant site is that that alight 1 comes with carbon forks which would cut the weight and make climbing easier in particular by cutting weight from the front of the bike.

One thing to bear in mind with the BTW is that it's a one off every five years - so while you understandably want to spend as little as possible, it's your one chance to have the tax man pick up some of the cost!

Good luck with your choice, whatever you go for,

Paddy

Advertisement