Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I need to in order to prepare for windows 10

Options
  • 26-07-2015 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Is there anything specific I should back up besides personal files before the update. Also what is the story with drivers on the new OS, should I even get the update day one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PCSharkey

Do I need to worry about drivers for my various components

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Unless you've a dedicated GPU no, and even then, probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

2gb download is it?
    Will probably download it on the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PCSharkey

I have a gaming PC nvidia will probably throw out a driver, with dx 12 I hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    2gb download is it?
    Will probably download it on the 29th.

It downloads itself in the background (presumably based on when you signed up) .MS are sending it in batches to people . You then get a notice to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I will upgrade first and then do a clean install as I hate having the windows.old folder, happened me when going from 7 to 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stick a copy of the network drivers on a USB key in case windows cant find generics, then do a clean install. You can use the net to pull down any other drivers you need then.

Put 10 on a box today, didnt pick up the nVidia chipset/GPU drivers by itself, the driver detection is just as weak as W7 I'd guess.

Advertisement