Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Iveco horse box vrt/tax??

• 26-07-2015 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I'm just wondering if any of you could give me a rough guide as to how much vrt I should expect to pay, year 2002, it's a 3l 2.8 tonne 2 horse box, it's already been registered down south so how much should I expect to pay, it's also got a small amount of living in it so do you think I could tax it as a camper van?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

You should be able to get some information from the VRT website as they have a calculator on the site which may give you an idea of what to expect. But be warned it is indicative only.

You say the lorry was registered in the south before - does that mean that it was heed and then sold to the north/UK and now you're bringing it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 slightlyocd

Yes it was originally an Irish horse lorry and sold to the north for the last three years but I bought it and would like to convert it back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Yes it was originally an Irish horse lorry and sold to the north for the last three years but I bought it and would like to convert it back

If it was originally Irish, AFAIK you won't have to pay VRT to bring it back in. You will get the original Irish numbers as well.

Advertisement