Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Non Smartphone 2015

Options
  • 26-07-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone any recommendations for this, large screen 3G wifi, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Did you find any contenders, danjo? (I'd be interested too0.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Not really, I have the Nokia 301 http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_301-5323.php which was launced 2013, its a grand phone, has 3G but would like to have wifi/touchscreen and email but would really need to go the smart route to get them.

I have a cheap entry level smartphone, Vodfone 4 mini and after ages I finally got the hang of it and how to use android, its great all right in regards to what it can do compared to ordinary phones, but I wouldn't like to use one outdoors as they have soo much personal info on them, so wouldn't risk it being stolen or lost.

Very tempting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Thanks, danjo. Our requirements differ more than I thought, but your info is still a useful addition to my scanty knowledge of recent phones! (I was thinking '3G wifi' might mean wifi connection capability equivalent to 3G).

The signal in my area is 2G only (and there's no Vodafone one), so internet access from a phone would have to be over wifi here (expensive data roaming while away would be my only way to use the phone network for internet access). So that's a new topic.

I hope you find what you're looking for, anyway!

Advertisement