Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 190 - Rousey v Correia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Rousey... Good holy jaysus. Is there anything she can't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Rousey via Decision
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Rousey... Good holy jaysus. Is there anything she can't do?

Yeah, lose

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rousey via Decision
    Saipanne wrote: »
    Anyone who wasn't there for UFC 1 is a bandwagoner according to some, around these parts.
    I'd be surprised if anyone here has that opinion tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Correia via KO/TKO
    Mellor wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if anyone here has that opinion tbh.

It wouldn't surprise me. I love the sport. But the fans...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone who wasn't there for UFC 1 is a bandwagoner according to some, around these parts.

I don't know of anybody who has said that on this forum.

I personally think the phrase "bandwagon" should be banned in this forum. I couldn't give a flying toss if you've been watching for 10 years or 10 minutes.

It should be a welcoming forum and I think that MMA Newbie/FAQ thread is a great start for people who are curious about the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Correia via KO/TKO
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I don't know of anybody who has said that on this forum.

I personally think the phrase "bandwagon" should be banned in this forum. I couldn't give a flying toss if you've been watching for 10 years or 10 minutes.

It should be a welcoming forum and I think that MMA Newbie/FAQ thread is a great start.

Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

It wouldn't surprise me. I love the sport. But the fans...

I've followed mma for only a few years
    ( stumbled across tuf Rousey v tate on bt sports) and only started posting on boards a few weeks ago, in all that time despite getting in a few debates with people with hundreds/thousands of posts nobody has called me a bandwagoner,
    Just my 2c but I find she people on this board to be just fine so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It is a welcoming forum. Especially compared to the likes of Sherdog. But what isn't welcome here is people coming in and pretending they know more than the regular posters. Because of the rise of McGregor, it has happened a lot more recently.

Oh yeah, Ronda is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Just finished watching it there, I thought it'd be over inside a round but Jesus!?? Her walk out is brilliant, it's so intense. The only real question left is....can she do it on a cold wet night in stoke 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Rematch between hendo and Belfort announced, hopefully bisping gets another craic at him.

Shogun also verbally accepted a challenge from rampage for his next fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Correia via KO/TKO
    johnpro wrote: »
    Rematch between hendo and Belfort announced, hopefully bisping gets another craic at him.

Shogun also verbally accepted a challenge from rampage for his next fight

genuinely thought bisbing might have gotten vitor next :(

revenge for hendo possibly and then revenge for bisbing whenever it happens if ever that is

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Correia via KO/TKO
    Dana was a moody bastard in the post-fight press conference :pac: He's a seriously grumpy man lately! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Correia via KO/TKO

Meh, that's for the UFC Fanboys... RoT1 was the real stuff, if you weren't around for that you're a bandwagoner :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Meh, that's for the UFC Fanboys... RoT1 was the real stuff, if you weren't around for that you're a bandwagoner :p

Nah David v Goliath was were the real fans were

CatFromHue wrote: »

Nah your wrong brah.

Creation: 1

God "the big bang" vs the dark "void" nothingness

That's were it started with all the hardcore "true" fans were before it sold out and became all hipster and popular... You bandwagoner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Rousey via Decision

It was a good fight but not a great fight. With a full camp, Goliath would have taken him.

John_D80 wrote: »
    It was a good fight but not a great fight. With a full camp, Goliath would have taken him.

Yeah the weight cut for Goliath was intense I heard his moving up a weight class next time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Please continue with the hilarious stories they are very entertaining and not retarded at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

Her fights are over before they start. How many big fights can be left for her at this weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

SteM wrote: »
    Her fights are over before they start. How many big fights can be left for her at this weight?

Well considering there is no other weight division she can fight in, she'll keep the first round victories flowing

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Please continue with the hilarious stories they are very entertaining and not retarded at all

A bit of light entertainment, harms nobody if you don't like it move on no big deal, and keep the "retarded" comments to yourself maybe...

Rousey via Decision
    JJayoo wrote: »

No need to be nasty. It's just a bit of banter. AKA craic, AKA joshing, AKA messing. Not doing any harm to anyone. Don't let it get to you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Isn't she signed on to fight Tate again?

If she beats Tate then that's it really, that's everyone.

Tate is the only person to take her to round 3.

Kat deserves another shot

Rousey via Decision

I think McMann might get another crack after Tate. Maybe, if she remains unbeaten between now and then that is. Other than that I'm inclined to agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rousey via Decision
    Yupp Kat should get one more go and try something other than the kamikaze approach. Cyborg said her next fight is at 140 and if that goes well, she will sign to fight Ronda at 135.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Correia via KO/TKO

Tate, Holm (as long as she remains undefeated she'll get a go, despite looking extremely underwhelming thus far) a rematch with Zingano and then if Cyborg can get/wants to get to 135. I can only see her doing 4 more to be honest.

She'll retire undefeated and ride off into the sunset to make a fortune in Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Rousey via Decision
    They should nearly throw her in with the men at this stage:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

Women have been battling in thai-boxing, karate, wrestling, boxing and more for years without any protection. Or have you just heard of these martial arts now too?

I'm guessing your first whiff of this came watching McGregor on the late late show :D

I would be totally against contact sport for women without protection. It's just not natural for women to be kicking and punching the crap out of each other. Call me an old fashion bastard :)

you are right. Would have taken no notice of the sport if it hadn't been for McGregor :)

I will do some self moderation, and not post here again, but genuinely I don't post to troll anyone

• Advertisement

Thing about Ronda is that her standup is so much freer than any other fighter. Ronda doesn't have to worry about being taken down because no fighter will want to go to the ground with her. This allows her to throw combinations and close the distance in ways that other MMA fighters learn not to do.

Advertisement