Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Kill like to live in?

Options
  • 26-07-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Folks, thinking of making a move out of Dublin and was wondering what people think of Kill as a place to live?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I don't live in Kill but I spend a lot of time there with friends that do. In my opinion it is one of the nicest villages in Kildare and has a real feeling of community. It has one of the most modern primary schools in the country, nice walks, a decent pub, regular enough buses into Dublin and plenty of nice estates to choose from.

It's close to Naas for shopping and entertainment and close to Sallins (especially if you take the back road) for the train into Dublin if you prefer that option.

If I were ever to move again myself I would be looking at Kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 coolbiking

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was thinking as much but nice to hear it from someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

I'll second Sadie. I've lived in Kill since 2006, it has a great village feel about it, there's 2 pubs, a shop, barber etc. all the essentials I guess. An active GAA and Scouts troop, great primary school, good bus service to Dublin should you feel the need, I think a Nite-link too!

On top of all that it's within easy access of Naas and the amenities there.

It's a great place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Hi,

my sister is thinking of moving there, she has two boys of primary school going age, what are the options for secondary school, is there a local school that the primary feeds into,

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

sadie06 wrote: »
    It's close to Naas for shopping and entertainment and close to Sallins (especially if you take the back road) for the train into Dublin if you prefer that option.

What road is this? Head towards Straffan and take a right left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

Not sure about the options for secondary school. I have a daughter in the primary and as far as I'm aware our Second level option is probably going to be Pipers Hill on the otherside of Naas. Was hoping for St Marys in Naas but I don't think that's guaranteed - worth investigation.

The back road to Sallins. Basically exit Kill and head towards Johnstown Garden Centre, then continue on the same road and that'll bring you out alongside the Grand Canal into Sallins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

TooObvious wrote: »
    Not sure about the options for secondary school. I have a daughter in the primary and as far as I'm aware our Second level option is probably going to be Pipers Hill on the otherside of Naas. Was hoping for St Marys in Naas but I don't think that's guaranteed - worth investigation.

The back road to Sallins. Basically exit Kill and head towards Johnstown Garden Centre, then continue on the same road and that'll bring you out alongside the Grand Canal into Sallins.

Thanks, thats a bit of a trek alright, although she was considering Rathcoole for secondary which would prob. suit as she passes it on the way to/from work.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

grand village but what about the dump and the smell at times

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

siochain wrote: »
    grand village but what about the dump and the smell at times

The landfill stopped taking bales in 2010 and has been in capping and restoration mode since. The odour in the Kill/Johnstown area from the illegal dump/fire in Kerdiffstown, Naas was far worse than the Arthurstown landfill ever was.

There are now 4 secondary schools in Naas with a school bus service from the village. Rathcoole was a popular option but very few from Kill are starting there now.

A great place to rear a family.

Advertisement