Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Grant for Masters?

Options
  • 26-07-2015 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I graduated in 2014 with a 2.1 (Level 8) in Business Management and have always been thinking of a part-time masters. The only thing is, I can't afford it.

Most of my college education was paid for through SUSI and I am wondering how easy it is to be funded at post-graduate level?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

I graduated in 2014 with a 2.1 (Level 8) in Business Management and have always been thinking of a part-time masters. The only thing is, I can't afford it.

Most of my college education was paid for through SUSI and I am wondering how easy it is to be funded at post-graduate level?

Check Springboard courses.maybe something that suits you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Check Springboard courses.maybe something that suits you ?

Might be worth a look.

I'm just looking for ways to progress myself more and make me stand out from all the other people who have similar degree's these days and are in the job market.

As an update, have been giving serious thought lately and have been on the verge of applying for this course: http://www.ucd.ie/graduatestudies/coursefinder/taughtprogrammes/grad-cert-innovation/

It suits me from a practicality point of view in that it is only two days a week and I can potentially keep working for most of it. It also links in and is similar in theme to my undergraduate degree. My perception is that it is a straight forward post grad that will look very interesting to potential employers on my C.V.

The course fees are just under 4k, compared to 6-7k over two years I would have to spend on a masters (which I have given consideration to also).

Decisions, decisions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

SUSI don't fund part time courses, and unless you're entitled to the special rate, the most you'll get from SUSI is €2000 towards a full time masters.

SUSI don't fund part time courses, and unless you're entitled to the special rate, the most you'll get from SUSI is €2000 towards a full time masters.

That's good to know.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ThePatMurphy

SUSI applications for full grants are also closed unfortunately (plus it appears it's quite difficult to get full grants for masters), that said it's definitely worth looking through other forms of funding on SUSI's website that might be relevant to you.

SUSI applications for full grants are also closed unfortunately (plus it appears it's quite difficult to get full grants for masters), that said it's definitely worth looking through other forms of funding on SUSI's website that might be relevant to you.

No longer pursuing a grant.

Am going to consider getting a loan from the credit union.

Advertisement